Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A pledge to Bennett

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I think it is very important for us fans to get behind Bennett tomorrow and not give him aggro over his transfer request. We shouldn't take his request personally as Bennett clearly loves it down here but is basing his decision on his interests: potential premiership football next season, higher wages, full 20k+ stadium. Remember a football career is short. Therefore NSC members should pledge to support Benno and show him that his future lies in the stripes.

I'll start: Benno, I pledge to support you tomorrow and for the remainder of the season - your future lies at the Amex.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
I don't believe Elliott will be involved.
Gus will take the opportunity to rest him, rather than roll out the cliche "His head is not right".
Still quality and club should keep him and review at end of season

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Agreed. Different circumstances to the Calderon saga and if you take an unbiased view you can understand his thinking. Will get full support tomorrow (if he plays).

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
4000 of us singing 'There's only one Elliott Bennett' should get the message across to him loud and clear.

Oct 6, 2010
Agree with the thread starter, IF he does play against Watford, which i am sure he won't. Anybody in the crowd giving him grief should be dealt with by the rest of us and told to do one.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Bennett
Elliott Bennett
runs down the wing for me
da da da da da :)

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Why offer special praise/songs/chanting/applause for the one player who wants to leave us and not for the ten who want to be here?

This is the truth of the matter. No matter how many pledges NSC users make, many others will feel betrayed. Better to cheer the ones who don't openly want out.

He won't receive any special treatment from me, for better or worse.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why offer special praise/songs/chanting/applause for the one player who wants to leave us and not for the ten who want to be here?

what a surprise - a negative comment from Master Badger - let's get on his back and tell him we hate him, after a few poor performances it will be Henderson time with a view to drive him out the club for some of our more simple supporters

For christ sake just get behind the TEAM, today is a golden reason why the internet is a bad thing, supporters where much better pre-web in cases like this as there was very little hearsay

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• eb pledge.jpg
    eb pledge.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 228

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
what a surprise - a negative comment from Master Badger - let's get on his back and tell him we hate him, after a few poor performances it will be Henderson time with a view to drive him out the club for some of our more simple supporters

For christ sake just get behind the TEAM, today is a golden reason why the internet is a bad thing, supporters where much better pre-web in cases like this as there was very little hearsay

Great post mate.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

err... So why did your love for Kuipers continue despite the time he was on the verge of a move to Hull and only stayed with the Albion following to a car crash? - You could say he wanted out too yet you still hero worshipped him afterwards so surely even you could understand why a large majority of fans want Bennett to stay or are you really that blinkered?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not there tommorrow but if i was i certainly wouldnt be jeering him or giving him grief, BUT i certainly wouldnt be clapping him or singing him either. As a fan it hurts that he wants out, but i have full faith in Bloom and Gus to do whatever is right for the club... not for Elliot Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here