Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Plea To DK

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
I really fail to see what anyone else would have achieved with the squad and circumstances that McGhee has had to work with this season. Unfortunately we are exactly where I feared we would be at the start of the season.

Anyone who thought we would be spending the majority of the season outside the bottom six was quite frankly deluding themselves. We simply lack the quality playing staff to compete at this level. Personally I think that we were able to play for a second season in this league is a testament to the hard work and dedication put in by the players, management, board and staff.

Mark Mcghee somehow managed to get us promoted in a season when we did not play particularly well, he kept us in the championship (by the skin of our teeth) by turning a centre half into a striker. A remarkable achievement.

This season we have had to play without a striker, because Virgo had ot be sold and leon couldn't be arsed to support his teammates, and that due to our wretched ground and financial state no-one wants to come and play here.

Sure McGhee has made errors, as does every manager (even Mourinho has made some mistakes lately) but unfortunately his margin for error is absolutely zero. And to cap it all after a valiant effort in the rain yesterday, an unfortunate equaliser and two outrageously unexpected results have dealt us the proverbial kick in the nuts.

Running BHA at the moment must be an utterly thankless task, given the obstinant scumbags of lewes council and a growing band of dissent from some of the fans.

As I reflect on this season, I think we have tried our best, but it has not been good enough. The ground farce, forced sales, injuries, and some rank bad luck have just proved to great an obstacle to our survival.

Anyway onwards and upwards lets enjoy the last few games if we can, and look forward to a challenge for promotion next year.

That's a very good post. Fairly rare on here these days, it's kind to McGhee but you make the case well without resorting to 'Anyone who disagrees with me is a lunatic' style contributions. Which, as well as being very dull, are getting all too frequent.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
dougdeep said:
Top post. Some people on here things will change overnight with a new man, we'll still be skint.

Agreed.............methinks MM would be the best option even next season, see if he can use the young talent he has to get a quick return to the championship....................then if he has failed replace him:wave:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Someone please explain. If MM has been unable to keep us up with by far the lowest budget in the Championship, why does this mean he won't be able to do a decent job in league one where money won't be such a big issue? I think he could do as good a job as anyone else at that level so why not give him a chance? Which other LEAGUE 1 managers could do a better job in his place?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Oh well, I guess I'll never know!

Yorkie said:
Wouldn't life be fantastic if solutions were so simple.

You HAVE to stick up for McGhee though Yorkie, he's your 'mate' now isn't he?

Sorry, but I don't care how nice someone is, if they stand me a round, get me dinner, or if they are honourable and brush their teeth regularly. If they can't manage a couple of wins then what use is all the above?

Kent Seagull said:
Someone please explain. If MM has been unable to keep us up with by far the lowest budget in the Championship, why does this mean he won't be able to do a decent job in league one where money won't be such a big issue? I think he could do as good a job as anyone else at that level so why not give him a chance? Which other LEAGUE 1 managers could do a better job in his place?

I think you'll find that IS what's going to happen KS. MM has built a decent 1st division side in the Championship, whether he intended it to be that, or not. He may as well keep at it.
Let's hope we won't have to keep selling off our better players while we slide down the league though. We won't get so much for them from the lower division.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:
You HAVE to stick up for McGhee though Yorkie, he's your 'mate' now isn't he?

Sorry, but I don't care how nice someone is, if they stand me a round, get me dinner, or if they are honourable and brush their teeth regularly. If they can't manage a couple of wins then what use is all the above?

Observation of life. To the youngsters, solutions are simplistic.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
McGhee has only won* 4 more games in nearly a whole season than Hinshelwood did in 13 games.

FACT.

*edited for the more anal members of this board.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Yorkie said:
Observation of life. To the youngsters, solutions are simplistic.

What an incredibly patronising view. No wonder the youth today has no respect for their ELDERS.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
What an incredibly patronising view. No wonder the youth today has no respect for their ELDERS.

The word you want is 'won' not 'one'. No wonder you get patronised.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhaexpress said:
The word you want is 'won' not 'one'. No wonder you get pattonised.

Stop trying to be clever. Doesn't your dog need sitting?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
Stop trying to be clever. Doesn't your dog need sitting?

So intent on getting another stupid and pointless post in you missed my spelling mistake :dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhaexpress said:
So intent on getting another stupid and pointless post in you missed my spelling mistake :dunce:

I don't have a feeling of inadequacy like you, looking to mark people's posts in an effort to try and make myself feel superior though.

I like to read posts for what they are trying to say rather than their grammatical merit.

Your post makes you look equally as stupid whether it was spelt correctly or not.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
I don't have a feeling of inadequacy like you, looking to mark people's posts in an effort to try and make myself feel superior though.

I like to read posts for what they are trying to say rather than their grammatical merit.

Your post makes you look equally as stupid whether it was spelt correctly or not.

And yes, the predictable and childish response from our resident immature child. Oh, you did mention that I'd edited a post yesterday about spelling so I suggest you try getting your facts right, something you need a bit of practice at.

No doubt another post will follow this where Lammy will try not to look sheepish.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhaexpress said:
Oh, you did mention that I'd edited a post yesterday about spelling so I suggest you try getting your facts right, something you need a bit of practice at.

???

bhaexpress said:
And yes, the predictable and childish response from our resident immature child. Oh, you did mention that I'd edited a post yesterday about spelling so I suggest you try getting your facts right, something you need a bit of practice at.

No doubt another post will follow this where Lammy will try not to look sheepish.

bhaexpress, did you always prefer to *indulge* in this backbiting and bickering?

I bet you miss that American wife, eh? :angry: :love:

:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lammy said:

Don't they? I haven't had that experience.
How can you tell if a post is patronising? Surely a tone of voice would give a clue rather than words typed which could have any number of meanings.
Unless of course you want to put someone down by accusing them of being patronising.
Rather like NMH trying to make out that MM is a 'mate'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here