Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Plea To DK

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Right we are down now agreed?......Agreed!

So Mr Knight I think we need changes!

1. McGhee OUT!
2. Change of managment and coaching staff all together!
3. Ensure we are in the promotion shake up next season by making sure CKR and GNW play upfront in league 1!

Cheers!

Brighton and Hove Albion
League 1 Champions 2007!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Knight can't ensure that we can have GNW, as he probably wouldn't want to play league 1 football with us, and i don't blame him, as i am sure a team like Southend, or Plymouth who are in the championship will come in for him.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
Right we are down now agreed?......Agreed!

So Mr Knight I think we need changes!

1. McGhee OUT!
3. Ensure we are in the promotion shake up next season by making sure CKR and GNW play upfront in league 1!

Cheers!

Brighton and Hove Albion
League 1 Champions 2007!

I'm sure that's just made up his mind for him.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
So what would be the difference if McGhee went now? We have, what, 6 / 7 games left? All that a sacking would do now is upset the team even more, and would completely demoralise them - and i bet most of them probably wouldnt feel like bothering next year.

For God's sake can we PLEASE get behind the team that we are supposed to SUPPORT

From the OED:

support: 7. a. To bear, hold, or prop up; to keep from falling or sinking

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
So what would be the difference if McGhee went now? We have, what, 6 / 7 games left? All that a sacking would do now is upset the team even more, and would completely demoralise them - and i bet most of them probably wouldnt feel like bothering next year.

For God's sake can we PLEASE get behind the team that we are supposed to SUPPORT

From the OED:

How very wrong,in MY opinion of course:lolol:

Getting rid of McGhee now would give an incoming manager a chance to look at players in a competative enviroment,and he could make decisions on who gets a new contract and who doesnt.It will also give him a better idea of what areas need strengthening.

And on a lesser point it is a proven fact that changing managers USUALLY gets a few quick results for the team.You never know,a few wins on the trot might just set us up for the miricle of all miricles.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wouldn't life be fantastic if solutions were so simple.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
ben andrews' girlfriend said:

From the OED:

Top post. Some people on here things will change overnight with a new man, we'll still be skint.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
junior said:

Getting rid of McGhee now would give an incoming manager a chance to look at players in a competative enviroment,and he could make decisions on who gets a new contract and who doesnt.It will also give him a better idea of what areas need strengthening.

And on a lesser point it is a proven fact that changing managers USUALLY gets a few quick results for the team.You never know,a few wins on the trot might just set us up for the miricle of all miricles.

Few wins! In my opinion i think we need to win 5 out of 6 to stay up, chances of that when we've only won 5 all season.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:

What a superb idea. With all the money the Albion has got we can go and get some top coaches and a world class manager. Bring int he likes of Rooney and will be playing in the European cup within 3 years:shootself Why do so many people on here think that getting rid will do the job. We are skint so can not afford to pay compensation etc for sacking staff.
And by getting rid of all staff we will be breaking up one of the best youth team set ups in the country. I really wish people would actually think about what they write:angry: :angry: :angry:

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Yes, good idea. Sack McGhee and replace him with a manager with a decent track record for getting teams promoted from Div 1. There can't be many of those easily available. But wait - here's one, out of work and looking for a club. Ah . . . Mark McGhee.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No point making a change now, there is no chance for a new manager to turn it around for this season - a month ago I had a different view and at that stage a new manager would have been a good call and would have kept us up.

The best bet for this season is to leave it alone, and hope that the new strike force gel and we knock several past Millwall and have a winning run to the end of the season. As the league table shows, it is unlikely, but could happen. Can't see it keeping us up, but it would be good to have a run of good performances and results.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
fleet said:
a month ago I had a different view and at that stage a new manager would have been a good call and would have kept us up.

WOULD have kept us up? How on earth do you reach that conclusion?

If all that was required to avoid relegation was to change managers, do you not think all teams in the bottom six would do it?

Who is this manager by the way?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
junior said:

:clap:

I really fail to see what anyone else would have achieved with the squad and circumstances that McGhee has had to work with this season. Unfortunately we are exactly where I feared we would be at the start of the season.

Anyone who thought we would be spending the majority of the season outside the bottom six was quite frankly deluding themselves. We simply lack the quality playing staff to compete at this level. Personally I think that we were able to play for a second season in this league is a testament to the hard work and dedication put in by the players, management, board and staff.

Mark Mcghee somehow managed to get us promoted in a season when we did not play particularly well, he kept us in the championship (by the skin of our teeth) by turning a centre half into a striker. A remarkable achievement.

This season we have had to play without a striker, because Virgo had ot be sold and leon couldn't be arsed to support his teammates, and that due to our wretched ground and financial state no-one wants to come and play here.

Sure McGhee has made errors, as does every manager (even Mourinho has made some mistakes lately) but unfortunately his margin for error is absolutely zero. And to cap it all after a valiant effort in the rain yesterday, an unfortunate equaliser and two outrageously unexpected results have dealt us the proverbial kick in the nuts.

Running BHA at the moment must be an utterly thankless task, given the obstinant scumbags of lewes council and a growing band of dissent from some of the fans.

As I reflect on this season, I think we have tried our best, but it has not been good enough. The ground farce, forced sales, injuries, and some rank bad luck have just proved to great an obstacle to our survival.

Anyway onwards and upwards lets enjoy the last few games if we can, and look forward to a challenge for promotion next year.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
I really fail to see what anyone else would have achieved with the squad and circumstances that McGhee has had to work with this season. Unfortunately we are exactly where I feared we would be at the start of the season.

Anyone who thought we would be spending the majority of the season outside the bottom six was quite frankly deluding themselves. We simply lack the quality playing staff to compete at this level. Personally I think that we were able to play for a second season in this league is a testament to the hard work and dedication put in by the players, management, board and staff.

Mark Mcghee somehow managed to get us promoted in a season when we did not play particularly well, he kept us in the championship (by the skin of our teeth) by turning a centre half into a striker. A remarkable achievement.

This season we have had to play without a striker, because Virgo had ot be sold and leon couldn't be arsed to support his teammates, and that due to our wretched ground and financial state no-one wants to come and play here.

Sure McGhee has made errors, as does every manager (even Mourinho has made some mistakes lately) but unfortunately his margin for error is absolutely zero. And to cap it all after a valiant effort in the rain yesterday, an unfortunate equaliser and two outrageously unexpected results have dealt us the proverbial kick in the nuts.

Running BHA at the moment must be an utterly thankless task, given the obstinant scumbags of lewes council and a growing band of dissent from some of the fans.

As I reflect on this season, I think we have tried our best, but it has not been good enough. The ground farce, forced sales, injuries, and some rank bad luck have just proved to great an obstacle to our survival.

Anyway onwards and upwards lets enjoy the last few games if we can, and look forward to a challenge for promotion next year.

There you go, talking sense again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
junior said:

That is a good idea. Give the new manager time to work out which positions he needs to spend his millions of pounds on. Of course with a new manager everything will turn around and we will magically get our new ground immediately and sudden investment. Henry and Rooney will also be queueing up behind Ronaldinho to sign for us.

By the way, it may make a very short term difference in that we win two games but changing manager often works against you in the long term. Look at Gillingham and Rotherham who have both changed twice since late last season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Binney_on_acid said:
Brillian observations row Z. However, Once our better players have left, do you seriously think we'll be promotion contenders?

And who in your humble opinion are our better players ?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
We have about 3 who are not out of their depth at this level. We have about 5 or 6 who Couldn't make an impact in league one. Promotion next season will not be an option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here