Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plea to Dean Hammond

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will say this only once

Dean Hammond is a professional footballer and will want to take the best financial contract he can get and test himself at the highest level he can achieve. (Some of you may already have spotted the obvious conclusion - but for one or two others, i will continue).

If we can get a cash offer in this window - he will have the option of negotiating a better paid contract (given that every championship club has more available funds than us) or turning it down and waiting until the summer in the hope that the fee saved by the buying club can be negotiated into his renumeration.

All the decisions are in Dean Hammond's court, none are within the clubs and i don't think even US would bet on him staying

PS the tooth fairy doesn't exist either

Couldn't fault your logic until the very last sentence when you clearly demonstrated how out of touch you are with a large number of posters on here :clap2:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At the end of the day if any of us was offered 5x the wages we are on now i think we all know what we would do !!!!!!!!....Good luck Dean if your future now lies elsewhere but if your staying please sign the contract or talk to Uncle Dick and persuade him to offer you more that 2 tanks of petrol and a crusty slale loaf.

Shoreham Seagull

Dec 9, 2007
Dean, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to stay and help the Albion to the promised land of the Championship. This message will probably not self destruct in 5 seconds.

Should you not choose to accept this mission, you will have disappointed these fine fans and for that you should be eternally shamed.

PS - hello everyone, after 3 weeks I can finally post. Yay!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
For someone who has been as average as Hammond has for so much of his career I'm shocked at the bruhaha this is causing. If we can get £300,000 then I say let him go, if he doesn't want to stay then let him go. Unless he starts playing to his full potential, which he has only done in isolated spells for us, then I can't see what all the fuss is about. We have Reid, Fraser, Fogden, Thomson, McFaul and potentially Chamberlain coming through.

Steve Claridge disagrees with you. Now, which of you knows how to judge a player?

Shoreham Seagull

Dec 9, 2007
I think that he might just flourish alongside Thomson who would potentially take that sitting role away from him. If he was allowed to get forward more, he may become more creative and even increase the decent return of goals he already gets.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Steve Claridge disagrees with you. Now, which of you knows how to judge a player?

Gary Birtles also compared him with Tony Woodcock who was a team mate when they won the European Cup. People who have played the game really do rate him as a good midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here