Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Personal Message To Micky Adams

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Dear Micky,

I was 10 years old when you first got us promoted from the Nationwide Division Three, and although I mainly followed Manchester United back then, I was so happy that Brighton had been promoted, and seeing the team doing so well, something I could talk and boast about with my friends at school. And then again, we went up the following year, but you left us in October of that season, just before a game at Huddersfield when we won 2-1 before Peter Taylor got the managers job. I used to believe that you were a Brighton legend because of what you did for the club when I was younger, but since you've come back, my opinion has changed. At the minute, you're destroying whatever faith I had in you by choosing ridiculous tatics and generally having the feeling of not knowing what you're doing no more. I believe that if you decided to walk away from the club, that not only me, but several more will still have a slight feeling of legendary status towards you, but if you stay and things carry on; then you'll be a big hate figure at the club and you can only have yourself to blame.

RM-Taylor

:bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dear Micky,
When you returned things weren't that tricky
But now the season's looking sticky
(and I'm not normally that picky)
Improve the football and damn quicky
Or avoid Italian meals with Dicky...

I'm one of the morons who say "enough".

Spielberg, your emotional sappyness is making me want to upchuck.
This re-hiring Adams was the stuff of a dream
Get real with the times, enough with this "tough luck"
Bring back Dean Wilkins get back on the beam

So they had disagreements and couldn't get past it
With what was achieved, hadn't he margin to err?
It's clear now, we're off to hell in a hand-basket
Is there still comfort in a hard director's chair?

It's not proven fruitful for the axe to chop
under two seasons number - 'p45' in his hands
With where we are heading to top of the flops
Dick's from our numbers, and "listens to fans"

Regards,

NMH

And Adams was'nt negotiating a contract to take over from a manager who did'nt know he was going to be sacked then? Sorry but it say's something about Adams as a person to me.

They all do it - that's how it works in football business, and most other businesses actually.
Harry Redknapp must have discussed the job before taking over from Ramos - and every time a manager is doing badly, there are fangs out there salivating to take that same hot seat from the incumbent.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
What exactly are you seeing that makes you say that ? Don't say that he did the job last time as that was 8 years ago, tell the rest of us what we are missing ?

I used to play football 8 years ago but the though of me putting on a shirt and playing now is completely obsurd. 8 years is a long time and things change. I know it's not the same but in this case maybe a little bit is. Adams has lost it as a manager and if he stays we will be playing league 2 football next season, i see nothing to surgest i am wrong.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dear Bensgrandad.

You're unflinching faith in Adams would be commendable, if it wasn't so ridiculous. Wake UP man.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
we still have 28 games to play and 84 points to play for. As has been said this time last year Palace were worse off than us as were Stockport.

I hate looking at it in Mathematical terms but a few quick observations:

-We need 50 points to stay up, meaning we need 6 points from the next 4 games to be on target for that, and even then meaning we would be right amongst the relegation battle and not certain of survival until probably the last day of the season

-We need 75 points for the play offs. I don't think many still believe we have much of a chance of this but just to spell it out, that means we would need 56 points from 28 games, an average of 2 per game and probable League winning form. To me that seems unlikely.

-To match last season efforts we need to win about 19 games. That's another 15 matches to win with 28 games to go. A big ask.

This season has been one almighty f*** up.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i'd love to know what bens grandad has been watching this season? because has obviously seen something that most of us havent !how many games have you actually seen bg?
2 0r 3 players of a promotion team,yer if one of them is bobby zamora

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every home game plus a couple away. I thought that we had 1 of them in Bradley Johnson but he has gone off of the boil. If we can find a modern day equivalent of Simon Morgan, Paul Rogers Paul Watson we would be there plus a back up striker in case of injury or suspension.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg, if you hadn't spent to the whole of last season castigating Wilkins and starting innumerable threads about his ineptness, this thread wouldn't seem quite so ridiculous.

Wilkins was a young manager learning the ropes, Adams is a manager who once had some success but is now proving to be more clueless than a complete novice in the job.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg, if you hadn't spent to the whole of last season castigating Wilkins and starting innumerable threads about his ineptness, this thread wouldn't seem quite so ridiculous.

Wilkins was a young manager learning the ropes, Adams is a manager who once had some success but is now proving to be more clueless than a complete novice in the job.

We are 2 or 3 players and a couple of results off of a promotion side.

And one manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here