Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A night out in LONDON

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I fancy a trip to London with the clan (the missus, 10 year old son, 14 year old daughter), to take in the sights and have an overnight stay in a hotel somewhere. I turn to the gnarled, haggard, wisened old sages of NSC for some suggestions as to some good EVENING entertainment for a family in the capital, as I havn't really got much of a clue. I will send a jaunty postcard and/or a comedy plastic policemans helmet to the poster with the bestest suggestion *

* possibly. Offer subject to availability. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oooh, and what tube station do I need for Soho Square ? I have an effigy I want to drop off. (will they let me on a train with a can of petrol ?)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not TOO fussed about seeing a show to be honest Titty, but thanks for the suggestion. London Eye in the evening followed by a meal sounds quite nice though Kinky. I can see you know how to show a girl a good time.

:)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
you shoud be able to get B&B behind victoria station for around £50 for the night.
Belgrave road.
that leaves you nice and central then

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Walk along the river when it's dark. Maybe start at St. Paul's, cross the wobbly bridge, head along the Sarf bank towards London Bridge. You pass in quick succession the tate Modern (free, not sure how late it opens), Shakespeare's Globe, a scale replica of Ye Golden Hind, the original Clink prison with london Dungeon type tour, walk along the river as far as HMS Belfast halfway twixt London Bridge and tower Bridge. Swift pint outside Hornimans then a family meal in the Thai restaurant next door. Spurn the shitty Thameslink train home from London Bridge, tube to Victoria and travel back to sussex in air-conditioned splendour on a tried and trusted SOUTHERN train.

You have not been charged for this service.

OK, if you insist. Magners wil be fine. Big bottle, mind. With ice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That sounds rather nice, thanks TOM (although we'll be stopping in London for the night).

I will be printing this thread and presenting it as irrefutable EVIDENCE that I have been actively researching our little trip.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I will be printing this thread and presenting it as irrefutable EVIDENCE that I have been actively researching our little trip.

So you won't want anybody spoiling it with embarrassing revelations about yourself and the tethered goat then?

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
Walk along the river when it's dark. Maybe start at St. Paul's, cross the wobbly bridge, head along the Sarf bank towards London Bridge. You pass in quick succession the tate Modern (free, not sure how late it opens), Shakespeare's Globe, a scale replica of Ye Golden Hind, the original Clink prison with london Dungeon type tour, walk along the river as far as HMS Belfast halfway twixt London Bridge and tower Bridge. Swift pint outside Hornimans then a family meal in the Thai restaurant next door. Spurn the shitty Thameslink train home from London Bridge, tube to Victoria and travel back to sussex in air-conditioned splendour on a tried and trusted SOUTHERN train.

You have not been charged for this service.

OK, if you insist. Magners wil be fine. Big bottle, mind. With ice.

I sincerely doubt this is what his 14 year old daughter and 10 year old son would want.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tom Hark said:
So you won't want anybody spoiling it with embarrassing revelations about yourself and the tethered goat then?
That goat was perfectly docile and compliant, I did not leave it distressed or injured in any way.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Get into town reasonably early say for 11ish. First stop tkts in Leicester Square and get yourself some 1/2 price tickets to a show. Then walk to Covent Garden have a look at the street entertainers, grab some sandwiches for lunch and then walk to St James Parr and sit near the pond and eat them.

After lunch have a quick look at Buckingham Palace then get the tube or bus to the British Museum and show the kids the egyptian rooms and all the mummies and other stuff. Then find a nice restaurant before the show.

Next day, go to the Science Museum and then get a river boat down the Thames.

Snorted.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
seagull_tim said:
I sincerely doubt this is what his 14 year old daughter and 10 year old son would want.

This from the market research genius who has failed to sign up a single NSC member to 'The NSC Battrick Championships'. AND is called 'tim' :rolleyes:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
(This is definitely a first. I'm agreeing with Kinky twice in one day.)

A dusk visit on the London Eye is a great experience, Easy. Do make sure that you book it beforehand, so that you get the time that you require.

A boat trip on the Thames is recommended too. London looks so different from boat and it's so relaxing. You can board at Westminster and sail to The Tower or the Thames Barrier. A visit to Greenwich can be part of the day as well.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
This from the market research genius who has failed to sign up a single NSC member to 'The NSC Battrick Championships'. AND is called 'tim' :rolleyes:

No mate, I am 14, I think I would know ...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
nobody's dupe said:
(This is definitely a first. I'm agreeing with Kinky twice in one day.)

A dusk visit on the London Eye is a great experience, Easy. Do make sure that you book it beforehand, so that you get the time that you require.

A boat trip on the Thames is recommended too. London looks so different from boat and it's so relaxing. You can board at Westminster and sail to The Tower or the Thames Barrier. A visit to Greenwich can be part of the day as well.

You can get eye and cruise inone ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here