Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a new zealand football question

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm fairly confident their cricket team don't do it either...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would be quality if they did that at the soccerball.

Their African opponents would probably look at them, baffled, and think they were being racist and MAIM them when the soccerball got underway. :lolol:

Oct 25, 2003
i've just witnessed videos of their ICE HOCKEY and BASKETBALL teams doing it plus one of their u-17's football team doing it, but alas none of the senior football team

is it because they'd look silly doing that and then getting tonked 5-0? or is it only done when there's a decent amount of maori/pacific islander players in the team?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZFN95_WcxRc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZFN95_WcxRc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
The maoris are particularly sensitive over their beloved haka. They went mental when Everton did some sort of novelty version to help promote their new shirt.

It's bollocks, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Archibald Leach

May 1, 2009
I'm wondering if I'm hallucinating but I'm sure we played the New Zealand football team at the Goldstone in a friendly and they did perform the Haka.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
all-white-haka.jpg

?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Probably because FIFA have no concept of tradition, passion or what the fans want, and therefore don't allow them to.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More to the point, how weedy is that number 2? I hope there's not a breeze, or he'll blow over.

17, on the other hand :love: <beefcake>

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the thought of daniel vettori leading the chanting in his cricket whites is AMAZING

Or that fat batsman, can't remember his name but I think he has previous for turning up to games pissed :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here