Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new stand is being ERECTED at Falmer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah, but it hardly needs to stand the test of time seeing as how Handball is a gimps game and will not be part of the LEGACY! cheap and cheerful that one.

Indeed. Still an unbelievable waste of wodge still though. 'Handball', ffs they could've held that event in a local bloody sports centre, would've done for the badminton and basketball and most of the other pointless minority sports as well I'd have thought.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yeah, but it hardly needs to stand the test of time seeing as how Handball is a gimps game and will not be part of the LEGACY! cheap and cheerful that one.

I’m not sure who the architect was but I think it looks pretty good. The outer cladding is made from copper so it’s appearance will change as it oxidises (sp) which is a nice feature.

Buckingham Group Contracting - Land Regeneration Contractors, Remediation Contractors - London 2012 Handball Arena

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
buckinghamgroupukinet26292-l.gif

I think it looks shit. Never mind about copper cladding, the thing just looks plain dull, especially compared to what the chinese did last time.
And whats with those pointless random grass banks up against the wall ?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Agreed, I think it looks very cool. The architecture of the main stadium is a bit bland but the other buildings are better.

I think Buckingham will become quite a force in future stadium construction in the UK. As much as it pains me to say stadium MK is a very impressive stadium and finished to a extremely high standard, if the architect’s renders are a decent representation, Falmer & the handball arena will be very impressive too.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

I think it looks shit. Never mind about copper cladding, the thing just looks plain dull, especially compared to what the chinese did last time.

agreed - what is exciting about it ? it looks rubbish

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Never mind the banks, why is it only ghosts are allowed there?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

It looks like Worthing Library, which has the architectural merit of a bus shelter,and is designed to host a nothing game that nobody (except MoH) apparently) will bother watching anyway.

Seriously...does anyone on here play Handball or..even worse.. think to themselves, I'm off to spectate at some handball?

I'snt it a mincers game played by blokes in too tight shorts with 70's Sideburns and carrying clutch bags?

The 118 men probably play Handball when they're not playing Squash in the 1970's

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Indeed, nowt wrong with handball - it's full of Scandinavian lesbians, so needs proper spectator facilities.
Norwegian handball lesbians.
EHF_Mia_Randi11.jpg

Mia Hundvin - Norwegian handball lesbian.
1055417990000_Mia_Hundvin_i_Woman_298688298x510r.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Strange to say maybe but sounds like some people have yet to realise that, erm, the Olympics features sports that are popular not just in the host country...I know, shocking...and to think, WE are paying for it...:wozza:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Strange to say maybe but sounds like some people have yet to realise that, erm, the Olympics features sports that are popular not just in the host country...I know, shocking...and to think, WE are paying for it...:wozza:

Complete rip off. Where's the darts :guns::dunce:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I'll bet you don't PLAY handball though...at least I hope you don't. I've always thought of you as a front and centre sort of Bloke...not someone like my uncle Tony who played Handball... and was well odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here