Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A negative thought

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
You see I can be negative too.

It is worrying me that we haven't scored more than two goals since May 2004.
We have only come back from being 1-0 to win a game a couple of times.
It seems that once we go down to a goal we just cannot dig in deep and resolve to fight that bit harder to kill the game off.

I'm hoping we have a bit more bite up front this season but haven't seen any sign of it yet.

Cheer-up and stop bloody moaning!... :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I agree with have more firepower upfront now, but the link has to be from midfield. A creative winger (the type mcghee has just brought in) should do the job.

I can see us loosing 4-3 now! :lolol:

I think maybe we were all expecting our new strikers to deliver us comfortable mid-table status straight away. They may well do yet, bit it is way too early to say. The more probable scenario is that we will have to scrap for our lives in a league that is arguably more competitive than even last season, that means winning some, drawing some but still losing quite a few.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
I think maybe we were all expecting our new strikers to deliver us comfortable mid-table status straight away. They may well do yet, bit it is way too early to say. The more probable scenario is that we will have to scrap for our lives in a league that is arguably more competitive than even last season, that means winning some, drawing some but still losing quite a few.

I'm with you on that. Kasim is only 18! People seem to forget what a young player he is. A prospect not a proven goal scorer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
as good a defence as Readin's every week. See how we do against Crewe aye?

Another thought.

We've played Crewe 10 times and lost 7 of them

Oh dear this negative thinking is hard to shake off :lolol: :lolol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The important point to remember is that it took us 4 or 5 games to get going last time, and McGhee has now decided to rebuild the squad, and that can take time.

I think a lot of these guys will come good, it just isn't going to happen straight away...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
munster monch said:
Ha ha, we have taken control

Now repeat after me.... Dick Tight is evil

No I haven't gone that far yet :p

:lolol: :lolol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yorkie said:
No I haven't gone that far yet :p

:lolol: :lolol:

:lolol: It's the thin end of the wedge Yorkie.

This week it's the lack of fire power, before you know you'll be wondering where all the Virgo money has all gone to and having an obsession for a place called Pende.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here