Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A must read after the hull match

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Sadly that is what football has become. It's only the fact that I know my opinions are that of the majority that keeps me going to football. If all fans were like the dunderheads that post on here I would have given up along time ago.

What a miserable old sod you are. I'm so glad I don't sit next to you at the Amex!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree with Arthur, the whole applause thing is pretty gay.

We might as well start meeting up with away fans in the coach park for a group hug. I am of course joking but I'm sure some of you would love it if that happened

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007

We might as well start meeting up with away fans in the coach park for a group hug. I am of course joking but I'm sure some of you would love it if that happened

I want to rim them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Top post, thanks

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What are you the Arsene Wenger of the keyboard warrior world?

How can you fail to hear almost 19,999 people to a man applauding the Leeds fans for their efforts in making it down for an evening kick off?

Keyboard Warrior...haha like that. Nope I was just saying I haven't noticed anyone applauding the away fans for their numbers before Saturday. Several people have mentioned that it's happened at most games so I've no reason to disbelieve them.

Once again the more sensible members of the board make themselves known.

Do you reckon the atmosphere was pony because of the lack of general swearing and abuse against the visiting team?

To an extent yes. There is always a better atmosphere at games where there is some needle between the two sets of fans. Take that away and what have you got..........rugby!

I remember the bucket passing story - it was indeed heartwarming and revealing of our sympathies toward another troubled club.

It's great to read that they recall it too, and still appreciate that.
I was pleased for them, that they hung in and made it through - and got a famous spell in the Premier League too.
They always seemed like a litmus, for what we aspire to do now.

Good article :clap2:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Don't forget that 1500 away supporters generates in the region of £50,000 (tickets, alcohol, food etc etc) for OUR clubs coffers.

Worth a 10 second burst of applause for that alone.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Blinking flip! No wonder other fans think we're all noofters! There is everything wrong with that!

In all the years I've been going to football I don't think I've ever applauded another set of fans or been applauded simply due to the number of people who have managed to work out the motorway/train network.

Bit early for "bah humbug" Ebenezer

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Absolutely nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect for other fans who come to our wonderful stadium, " cringeworthy !!" sorry mate but this club has got a decent history of help for supportors of other clubs ( Palarse excepted), methinks you should get out of your 1970's bubble.

Not sure I am allowed to say "this" anymore, but very much what you said Mr Pbseagull. Nothing wrong at all with showing respect for travelling fans and believe me I enjoy a load of banter with them during the game! I will continue to applaud at the away attendance figures if they are significant.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not sure I am allowed to say "this" anymore, but very much what you said Mr Pbseagull. Nothing wrong at all with showing respect for travelling fans and believe me I enjoy a load of banter with them during the game! I will continue to applaud at the away attendance figures if they are significant.
my applause for the away fans is contingent on whether or not they appear to be a bunch of wankers and whether the number announced is in any sense worthy of acknowledgement... Hull on Saturday qualified, others will not...

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011

This.

Sorry arthur, but I'm gonna keep clapping the away attendance.

I wear a replica shirt too - you were probably already cringing at me anyway!

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk.

doncastertiger

Oct 17, 2011
To all those who posted kind words on my posting; many thanks. For the few who did not, then that's democracy. Push forward together as a blue and white nation, live your dream. The gates of the promised land are ajar. Knock them down and make your way inside. You will enjoy it. Best Regards John the Doncaster Tiger

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
To all those who posted kind words on my posting; many thanks. For the few who did not, then that's democracy. Push forward together as a blue and white nation, live your dream. The gates of the promised land are ajar. Knock them down and make your way inside. You will enjoy it. Best Regards John the Doncaster Tiger

Please see my OP and thanks for your response, I think that there is a huge similarity between fans of all clubs and the big thing which we should share is RESPECT ! Of course we can shout at each other during a game but that is 'end of'

I truly believe that what the Albion has done in opening up the concourses post match is truly wonderful and to be complimented as it offers the opportunity for fans to mix together.

Best

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here