Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a MUSEUM at the American Express Community Stadium?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
:amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex:

Wearing my Huddersfield Town Shirt and holding the League division 1 ( when football was proper football) trophy three times in a row.

"Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end
We won the league three times in row
we won the FA cup, and now we're going up
we are the Town
Oh yes we are the Town!"

Laa laaa la la laaaa la
Can you imagine Brighton fans adopting that song? "We won the FA Cup, to now we're going up!"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pretty sure Tim Carder is the man in the know. Several years ago I mailed him about a 7" record I own called 'Seagulls' by Carol Manns which was made in 1979 after we achieved promotion to the top flight, and he requested I keep it safe as the 'Falmer Museum' might have a place for it.

As a taster, the chorus is:

"Seagulls! Seagulls! They'll play on and on
Seagulls! Seagulls! Forever playing strong
La la la, la-la la la
La la la, la-la la la
La la la, la-la la la
We are the Brighton North Stand"

The instrumental sounds like a pier organ grinder!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty sure Tim Carder is the man in the know. Several years ago I mailed him about a 7" record I own called 'Seagulls' by Carol Manns which was made in 1979 after we achieved promotion to the top flight, and he requested I keep it safe as the 'Falmer Museum' might have a place for it.

As a taster, the chorus is:

"Seagulls! Seagulls! They'll play on and on
Seagulls! Seagulls! Forever playing strong
La la la, la-la la la
La la la, la-la la la
La la la, la-la la la
We are the Brighton North Stand"

The instrumental sounds like a pier organ grinder!

ive got an mp3 of that song - it is abolutely INCREDIBLE!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can you imagine Brighton fans adopting that song? "We won the FA Cup, to now we're going up!"

If only that day at wemberleee was different!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There WILL be a museum and planning for it has been going on for some while. I believe it will be in the North Stand.

The club have been very generous in the space allocated although as someone has said, it won't be enough to display everything. The exhibits will be changed fairly regularly to retain the freshness of it and there are also plans to have some sort of interactive display(s) as well.

Tim Carder is obviously the man really in the know with this, but the Collectors & Historians Society are very excited about this. It's a BRILLIANT opportunity to display the history of our fantastic club.

:clap2: :clap2:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
:amex::amex::amex::amex::amex::amex:

Wearing my Huddersfield Town Shirt and holding the League division 1 ( when football was proper football) trophy three times in a row.

"Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end
We won the league three times in row
we won the FA cup, and now we're going up
we are the Town
Oh yes we are the Town!"

Laa laaa la la laaaa la

Shouldn't that be Laa laaa la laaaaa la la??

Anyway, I think there should be a whole section devoted to `fan power` and keeping the club alive during the dark times. Old shirts, trophies etc are all fantastic: but don't forget, we might not have a club were it not for all those fans who created the movement that saved our club and created a blueprint for fans of other beleaguered clubs to fight back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here