Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Million? Pounds? Stirling?

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Pathetic article. (I'm presuming that the dismissive tone it is written in is aimed at us).

Ridiculing the amount of money that has been allegedly offered for our Bennett...

It is Norwich that has (allegedly) offered this sort of money rather than us valuing him at a million.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just remind me how much they spent on Andrew Surman after just 5 games for Wolves having previously played for Southampton - something over £1.2m wasn't it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is Norwich that has (allegedly) offered this sort of money rather than us valuing him at a million.

really? have they? i think the opening line is most interesting, putting the rumours source squarely at our fans (and probably NSC at the end of the day). £1 million for a league 1 midfielder is slightly ridiculous, on the surface of it.

OldCanary

Jan 19, 2011
Hi guys. I had to register because I've seen that site quoted on here several times today and I can assure you it's not representative of Norwich City Football Club nor it's fans. Most of it's headlines come straight from the dodgy rumours site and if you check out it's forum you'll see that NO-ONE posts on there. I'm surprised 'newsnow' link to it. Best thing is to ignore it just as we do.

With regards to Bennett, all I have seen is that we have "made an enquiry" which your chairman has bounced back. Nowhere have I seen where a bid has been made or rejected so most of the stuff that is flying around is BS. As I don't know anything about the player I'm not too concerned whether he ultimately joins us or stays with you. Either way, I wish you well for the rest of the season and hope we are both successful with our promotion dreams.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
really? have they? i think the opening line is most interesting, putting the rumours source squarely at our fans (and probably NSC at the end of the day). £1 million for a league 1 midfielder is slightly ridiculous, on the surface of it.

Your not saying that they have written this article purely on the back of the NSC grapevine... Surely not... And I thought it was only My Naylor that did such things !!! He He.

I just presumed that they may have heard something from sources at their end which backs this up...

And yes, I agree that £1 mill is a lot despite the fact that Benno is easily one of the best midfielders in the division.

Sep 1, 2010
Hi guys. I had to register because I've seen that site quoted on here several times today and I can assure you it's not representative of Norwich City Football Club nor it's fans. Most of it's headlines come straight from the dodgy rumours site and if you check out it's forum you'll see that NO-ONE posts on there. I'm surprised 'newsnow' link to it. Best thing is to ignore it just as we do.

With regards to Bennett, all I have seen is that we have "made an enquiry" which your chairman has bounced back. Nowhere have I seen where a bid has been made or rejected so most of the stuff that is flying around is BS. As I don't know anything about the player I'm not too concerned whether he ultimately joins us or stays with you. Either way, I wish you well for the rest of the season and hope we are both successful with our promotion dreams.

I posted this with the knowledge that it is drivel to be honest, hence the smokin' smiley. So much rubbish posted on this Bennett story to be honest

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They did though.

did they though? or did someone post a number here with nothing to back it up. we see above another Norwich fan that has only heard "enquiry", were as our side is putting up prices. are we full of leaks while Norwich is a tight ship?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Most of it's headlines come straight from the dodgy rumours site and if you check out it's forum you'll see that NOONE posts on there.

Just thought I'd correct the spelling for you.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Cheers. He's a great player and would cut it in any championship team, that's why we don't want to lose him. Good luck for the season :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here