Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A message to the plastics

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If you are going to come to 'support' us, please at least have the respect not to wear a Spurs or Liverpool shirt or any other replica for that matter. I saw two of these yesterday in the home fans :censored:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
You should have said earlier .... I've just had "Gus" printed on the back of my man utd shirt! ;)

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Agreed. Unless you're under-10 (and even then you're pushing it sunshine), Albion shirt only in the home end!

What about England shirts on Kids- what's your take on that? Agree tottally with other clubs stripes being banned by the way.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you are going to come to 'support' us, please at least have the respect not to wear a Spurs or Liverpool shirt or any other replica for that matter. I saw two of these yesterday in the home fans :censored:
I must admit I have some sympathy with that view. I've always had (and still do have) the 'come one come all' approach to JCLs as none of us wanted Falmer to be a white elephant populated by just 8000 Withdean diehards and maybe a few thousand returning fans (JCBs, johnny-come-backs) but yesterday was ever-so-slightly annoying. I saw several London premiership shirts/tops/jackets and the bloke behind me let everybody know he was a plastic Manc - although not in a shirt admittedly.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Who really cares, it was a reserve game. Can wear what they like as far as im concerned........ Just no Palarse shirts

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Always had them-i used to on occasions go to the Goldstone with a Palace fan,Brighton born and bread(now that is a rare thing)still they have always been about-but a few seasons,coupled with some degree of establishment in the Championship and the odd flirt with the EPL will cut down on their numbers.

Remember we have lost a whole generation of support in many ways.

POST SCRIPT-i have only been to Selhurst to watch the Albion.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
To turn up at your local club wearing a Liverpool or any shirt is just unacceptable. You just don't do it.
Its the clubs responsibility here to let supporters know that the wearing of other clubs shirts is not acceptable.

Not only is it promoting poison to the younger generation, but what would look like if we are on TV and we have people in the crowd in Liverpool and Spurs tops on? Very embarrassing.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I completely welcome the JCL's as many are lost generations of fans and new fans, they are very welcome indeed. But replica shirts of other teams at a Brighton match - HONESTLY!? Have some respect.....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Years ago a group of about 15 to 20 odd fans gathered in the North Stand,every game they were there,always in the same place,they were the biggest set of plastics i'd ever come across-they would always,and i hasten to add, shamelessly,and at the top of their collective voices sang........

Eastbourne ners la la la........ Eastbourne ners la la la........ Eastbourne ners la la la........ Eastbourne ners la la la........

We're at Brighton i chuckled:jester:

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
So it was Ok for fans united when we were in the sh*t but now we are big time charlies we no longer welcome other supporters to our ground ,as they are all "Plastics" ,,, Knob

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think people are reading too much into yesterday. The vast majority of fans stayed away and tickets were on general sale which might have tempted a few non-albion fans in the area to have a look at the stadium. If we see the same on August 6th then fair enough but I don't believe that will be the case

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Remember we have lost a whole generation of support in many ways.

This. Hopefully in a few years time, we'll be seeing kids wearing BHA shirts in the parks with the kiddie in the Man Utd shirt out numbered getting the piss ripped out of him by his mates!! The new training complex should add to this vision, it'll give the kids something to aim for/aspire to!

I reckon at the SCC Final yesterday there would have been a lot of "football" fans (but non Albion fans) just visiting to see what all the fuss is all about with regard to the new stadium. So with this in mind, I would expect a few neutrals to wear their own team's shirt, despite me not agreeing with it. Can see this happening at Spurs game too, sadly (but not many).

That said - and I know this has been discussed in a thread elsewhere - if any home fans turn up to the Amex in another club's shirt from 06 August 2011 onwards, well, they deserve all of the abuse they will undoubtedly get. And fellow parents take note, don't even think about dressing your kids in non-Albion clobber, for you will be to blame! :angry:

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
This will be self policed, I cant imagine anyone being that stupid just because it's new brickwork it does not mean the laws of football change, I'm not a violent person but this would tip me over the edge

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's got to become the trendy thing to do............Dad i know you support Man U but take me to a Brighton game,all my mates are Brighton fans.Oh & Dad please don't wear your shirt-this team play in Blue & White.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
So it was Ok for fans united when we were in the sh*t but now we are big time charlies we no longer welcome other supporters to our ground ,as they are all "Plastics" ,,, Knob

Slight difference here mate. If you can't see it then I'm not convinced why your on this board?..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here