Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message to Tammy Abraham

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Agree with you but cant see our Tone forking out 40 million can you?

I think wages more likely the issue. IF we sell one of White or Biss (and I’d prefer not to, but if a big 6 side makes a big offer we’ll have to sell I think) then I’d hope we reinvest that in a striker. I don’t actually think £40M is absurd for Chelsea’s leading scorer last season. Across his whole career he scores a goal every 160 minutes. That would do me.

But others will pay him higher wages.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Ye not happening. New striker will either be foreign, found in a lower league or some not yet established youth player from the big clubs.

One of those lower league players we have probably been monitoring is Adam Armstrong at Blackburn.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
One of those lower league players we have probably been monitoring is Adam Armstrong at Blackburn.

A lot of clubs are probably keeping an eye on him but I think the club would want something a bit different to what is already in it... ie someone who is not Messi sized.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
SOunds like we're joining a long list of clubs desperate for his signature. West Ham, Villa, Leicester, Arsenal, Everton, Wolverhampton and ourselves all interested plus a number of foreign clubs.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
SOunds like we're joining a long list of clubs desperate for his signature. West Ham, Villa, Leicester, Arsenal, Everton, Wolverhampton and ourselves all interested plus a number of foreign clubs.

Sauce?
Surely he’ll go to the ESL side?
If Arsenal fans need reminding of how far their tinpot club has dropped then look at that list. No wonder they wanted the ESL, they are another bad season away from becoming stuck in mid-table IMO.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Maybe Tariq has been trying to persuade him that the south coast is a lovely place to live

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I'd suggest we're not too near the top of that list

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps we could line the route to the Amex with olive branches in homage to Abraham the messiah. Either that or a stonking great money tree :rolleyes:

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Perhaps we could line the route to the Amex with olive branches in homage to Abraham the messiah.

Peace Be Upon Him.

761d66796ddc959b6a01856d8c10d797.jpg

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Why do people presume everyone is friendly at a football club ? So not the case.

If I felt a player who I rated at a previous club might improve the club I'm at, I'd be trying to persuade them to join if that was an option. Not sure it has anything to do with being particularly friendly. :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The writing was on the wall when he took a fee of £1 million to play on loan for Swansea over us and Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here