Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A message for palace fan randomjack

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
seems he was unhappy with palace kit in 2009

Palace fans get shirty over new kit designs | This is Croydon

Palace supporters are so disappointed with the club's designs for next season's shirts that they have designed their own alternatives.

Last week we published the four choices (two home, two away) that the club had put to fans, who were given the opportunity to vote for their favourites. None seem to have gone down well with the punters.
Now, fans Dan Mulcahy and Jack Laws have come up with their own designs:

Freelance graphic designer Mr Mulcahy, 27, from Purley, said: "I had a bit of spare time on my hands so I designed the kits in around 10 minutes. It just goes to show that it doesn't take long and it just seems the designers have used generic kits and just slapped the crest and sponsors on the shirt.

"It seems there is no understanding of our heritage or tradition. I always get excited about the launch of the new kits, but these are just a massive disappointment."

Mr Laws, 24, from South Norwood, was equally disgruntled. He said: "They just seem badly designed and a lot of other fans are saying the same thing.

"There is a campaign on the internet to retain the current sash kit which the club have only used for one season and have not even considered keeping on as the change strip."

Supporters were unanimous in their support of the club's decision to reintroduce the sash as worn by the likes of Peter Taylor when Division Three Palace reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup in 1976, but the latest designs have received nothing but criticism.

Laws said: "The change strips either look like Croydon or Celtic. If the club wants to give fans an option why not open it up to everyone so that people can design their own kit?"

Laws's favourite Palace shirt is the sash change strip as worn during the run to the 1990 FA Cup final, although older fans have their particular preferences.

Club historian Reverend Nigel Sands, 70, said: "In my opinion Palace should play in claret shirts with sky blue sleeves, white shorts with claret and blue socks.

"Those were the club colours until Malcolm Allison came to the club at the end of the 1972/73 season."

It was a colour combination that was revived in a modified form during the club's centenary in 2005 and recalled a time before Palace's shirts started mimicking those of Barcelona.

In a brief response Crystal Palace said: "The club have noted the supporters' comments with regard to the kit designs which have been put forward to the voting stage and will be releasing a statement on the club's official website shortly."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yes, get a job as a detective, or keep your nose out, in other words who are you to highlight this.

And as for fans misbehaving Mr holier than thou, you have your own morons to worry about.

Can we ban this twat? If this was a Brighton fan on a Palace message board this account would have been suspended by now.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
Not quite his 'house' then. I wonder which floor is his. Basement no doubt

Mod: address removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Has anyone reported this twat yet to BHA or Police?

Also what is the link to his youtube video?

The video is just a bunch of sad Palace muppets singing anti Brighton songs outside a pub before their game with Reading under which the twat in question has written something about stealing a seat from the Amex.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think this should be closed.

All he has to do is throw away the seat, if in fact he ever had it, and wheres the proof? He tells the Rozzers that he was just acting a prat on his youtube account, and NSC gets into shit for cyber bullying ( which is hot news lately).

Report the prick to the police, and close this thread until something happens. Otherwise we may end up with egg on our face.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Banning, losing their job will solve nothing. Instead hit them where it hurts, their wallet. It won't happen again in the future that way.
A? So losing his job wouldn't hit him in the wallet? Lost me on that one. I know you work for god, but the rest of us work for cash, so not having a job would equal not having cash, therefore hit in the wallet wally.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
A? So losing his job wouldn't hit him in the wallet? Lost me on that one. I know you work for god, but the rest of us work for cash, so not having a job would equal not having cash, therefore hit in the wallet wally.

Ok. Losing ones job over this would be a tad excessive. Hitting him with a fine for say £1000 would make him never do again, would cover all costs and more. without the need for anyone losing their job. I thought we were trying to get people back into work and not lumber the state with more jobless?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
He's admitted damaging property belonging to BHA. It's down to them to take action as they see fit. Those delivering take aways, skips, loft conversions etc will all lose money, but it's not their fault that the idiot posted what he did on youtube.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
He's admitted damaging property belonging to BHA. It's down to them to take action as they see fit. Those delivering take aways, skips, loft conversions etc will all lose money, but it's not their fault that the idiot posted what he did on youtube.

If he admits he is the author.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
palace twat.jpg
Jack Laws - Google+

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Grassing people up, naming and putting pictures up on the internet over a seat is pathetic. Yeas he is a twat and a Palace twat at that but this really is low even by MSC standards. Calling for him to lose his job, getting the police involved etc what is the matter with people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here