Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A maximum of 4,000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports events

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No need really - you just don't apply for your allotted ticket, and it goes to the next tier/window if not taken. Seems pretty sensible really - whatever they decided to do would be open to question....................

Yes, that's how I saw it. Not questioning, more validating. Approach is fine

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Just received this email from the club

C59EF10E-8EF9-4406-A02A-4A5D9C18F0D1.png

Looks like I’ve been drawn out of the hat - however I don’t want to go as a 70+ year old as well as having a serious heart condition.

Looking at this email I presume that I don’t actually have to opt out but rather simply not select a seat.

Am I missing something?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just received this email from the club

View attachment 130873

Looks like I’ve been drawn out of the hat - however I don’t want to go as a 70+ year old as well as having a serious heart condition.

Looking at this email I presume that I don’t actually have to opt out but rather simply not select a seat.

Am I missing something?

Nope, do nothing and your lucky ticket passes to the next window on Tuesday

Hope you can at least enjoy the game on TV [emoji106]

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
So it's random every game right? One could end up in priority 4 every single game?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So it's random every game right? One could end up in priority 4 every single game?

Yes. Yes.

User did the maths on this when we thought we may be looking at a 25% crowd, so about 7,500 people getting in:

it would be interesting to re-do this now on what we assume to be an 8.7% chance, ie 2,000 out of 23,000 get first priority for each game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I guess if every fan spent a tenner that £20,000 in revenue, I’m assuming you can’t class the revenue from the ticket as that’s already been paid for as a season ticket, so the question is will it cost the club less than 20k to stage the match.

As for lower/non league they will have more cash on the gate?

Getting fans in does count in terms of ticket income, because every fan in through the gate is one less match that has to be refunded.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting fans in does count in terms of ticket income, because every fan in through the gate is one less match that has to be refunded.

It’d still be more cost-effective for the club to refund, rather than allow 2000 in.....Barber was clear that opening for 2000 loses the club even more money than it’s losing playing BCD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here