Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A lot of football hooligan gear yesterday, what gives?!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, better then shit Jean's cheap trainers and a replica top in my humble opinion

Regards
DF

I was going to send you a Ronaldo top for Christmas. Oh well, an 'Ollie's at the wheel' T shirt ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How embarrasing. Bunch of middle aged blokes dancing around being held back by probably no more than 6 stewards

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Mrs Grassman and I had a day out in Brighton last Sunday. She likes an old school pair of trainers so we popped in to a shop in Bond Street, at the back of the store they had a tonne of secondhand Stone Island gear. Crikey it was expensive. So it’s a no from me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As an old Mod I find it insulting to decide working class people aren't allowed to wear designer labels, hence they become chavs. Are you only allowed to wear it if your a stuck up middle class tart? Whilst I'm unfamiliar with most of the brand's listed, I don't see why they can't wear whatever they want. I also call myself a Chavista!

I don’t think many ‘middle class tarts’ wear the sort of labels that have been mentioned.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
80s stylee casual clothing is certainly making a comeback and at very reasonable prices you too can go from mild mannered Stephen Smith to rock ard Steve the Shank for less than £100, if you shop wisely, I tend to find my top boy gear in charity shops, a lot of good quality gear can be found in these shops due to lots of wannabe hoolies ordering on line and forgetting they're not actually a M anymore and actually a XXL.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
80s stylee casual clothing is certainly making a comeback and at very reasonable prices you too can go from mild mannered Stephen Smith to rock ard Steve the Shank for less than £100, if you shop wisely, I tend to find my top boy gear in charity shops, a lot of good quality gear can be found in these shops due to lots of wannabe hoolies ordering on line and forgetting they're not actually a M anymore and actually a XXL.

Shut it you skinny melt.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
How embarrasing. Bunch of middle aged blokes dancing around being held back by probably no more than 6 stewards

To be fair it's a huge risk for anyone on either side to pile through by themselves and then get the gate shut behind them, that's a definite trip to hospital/nick or both plus the inevitable lifetime ban.

I'm not saying that makes it any less daft in the first place, but they probably all enjoyed themselves! "Let kick the door open" **door opens** "Shit, what do we do now!" :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The difference is P G is on about £8m a year at city , it doesn’t matter to him if he spends £150
on a T-shirt . He will still live like a king . Ie 15,000 sq ft house , house keeper , private chef, chauffeur driven merc etc
You obviously don’t get it. The reason why working class lads wear the top clobber is deep rooted a kick back at society. As a 13 year old I saved my paper round money for ages to buy my first Lacoste T. Personally I dropped SI in then early 90’s when it became to mainstream used to be an excellent label. If your not into your clothing then fair enough I have a dislike for these looking down type of threads from the man from Primark.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
As an old Mod I find it insulting to decide working class people aren't allowed to wear designer labels, hence they become chavs. Are you only allowed to wear it if your a stuck up middle class tart? Whilst I'm unfamiliar with most of the brand's listed, I don't see why they can't wear whatever they want. I also call myself a Chavista!

Are you an old proper Mod from the 1960s or one of those pretend mods from the 1980s? What is a Chavista?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Another thread, 2 in a day, never done before in all my years on NSC!

Never seen so much Stone Island clobber as I did yesterday worn by Brighton fans - was it a special day or something?

Plus Burberry and Aquascutum scarves and the (admittedly quality) CP Company coats.

I know the real stuff is expensive but so many chavs wearing their Ebay specials yesterday, special mention to the bloke wearing both a Stone Island shirt AND jeans :facepalm: It's as bad as the 'double denim' look in my humble opinion - and no I didn't tell him as I was laughing too much.

Seriously though, what's the attraction to the wearers of this gear to football? To show off you're wearing expensive gear? To look hard? To look 'firm'? Do what Pep G does.......remove the tags, make the world of difference.

The answer is that expensive brand store called Flannels have opened a huge new shop on Western Road and flog all the favourite labels of your modern day football clothes horse...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here