Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] A Little Taste Of Sweden . . . In Horsham.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£10 actually, the coffees l think were £2.50 each, and don't forget the smoked salmon!

Seriously though, in a Horsham restaurant l didn't think that was too bad at all.
Well, if that's the case, don't ever expect me to go shopping in Horsham! There must be people with money to burn there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
:lolol:

No. No it doesn't.
Crocodile does though. We'd occasionally order it in the Walkabout down West St so we could ask the waiter to make it snappy.

Is the Walkabout still there? One of my favourite memories is being in there hungover and ****ed up as all hell on a Sunday afternoon after being up all night. There was a load of noise outside and quickly the Aussie barman walks past us with a beautiful mullet wearing a wife-beater and stubbies (short shorts). Apparently, a few local youths had tried to steal the crocodile from the sign.

After more noise and shouting the Aussie guy walks back in with the crocodile under his arm proclaiming in a thick Aussie accent "those ****ing drongos tried to nick me Croc"

Maybe you had to be there :lolol::lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was about 100m from 'Spoons and could have had a microwaved full English and an out of date pint of Stella with a load of chavs and still got change out of your benefits!

Corrected for you.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Corrected for you.

I am not going to take the time to embarrass you by, for the fourth time across two threads, dredging up dozens of quotes with anecdotal first hand experience of why you are wrong. Quotes from multiple unique users of this forum, with absolutely no affiliation (and often, frankly no affinity for) Wetherspoon's. People who have nothing to gain whatsoever from lying about this.

This has been repeatedly debunked by linking to articles explaining how they offer cheap beer. For avoidance of doubt, as free houses with enormous buying capacity given their size and popularity as a chain, they are able to buy en masse in huge quantities. By ordering in advance for the alcohol to be specifically produced for their chain, via a futures-style system, they receive huge discounts on the per-barrel price usually charged to the average pub. A number of drinks are loss-leaders in fact.

Additionally, it has been repeatedly explained to you which elements of their food are microwaved (namely, very few, particularly on the breakfast menu), and having been in Wetherspoon's kitchens myself, and having a best mate who worked as a chef there for several years... combined with the dozens of articles (not all flattering) available online which detail EXACTLY how each dish is made.

At this point, I am just going to block you, because you either have some kind of agenda where you consistently lie about this issue on an almost pathological basis - or are genuinely one of the densest people I've ever spoken to.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yeah. Cost of living is very low here by Western European standards. Certain consumer goods are pricier than in the UK and, of course, salaries are lower. Overall, life here is much more affordable here though.

To be fair Spain has a completely different cultural attitude to eating out in the evening. It's like going for a beer over here.

The weather helps of course, especially with the abundance of locally grown/reared produce.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am not going to take the time to embarrass you by, for the fourth time across two threads, dredging up dozens of quotes with anecdotal first hand experience of why you are wrong. Quotes from multiple unique users of this forum, with absolutely no affiliation (and often, frankly no affinity for) Wetherspoon's. People who have nothing to gain whatsoever from lying about this.

This has been repeatedly debunked by linking to articles explaining how they offer cheap beer. For avoidance of doubt, as free houses with enormous buying capacity given their size and popularity as a chain, they are able to buy en masse in huge quantities. By ordering in advance for the alcohol to be specifically produced for their chain, via a futures-style system, they receive huge discounts on the per-barrel price usually charged to the average pub. A number of drinks are loss-leaders in fact.

Additionally, it has been repeatedly explained to you which elements of their food are microwaved (namely, very few, particularly on the breakfast menu), and having been in Wetherspoon's kitchens myself, and having a best mate who worked as a chef there for several years... combined with the dozens of articles (not all flattering) available online which detail EXACTLY how each dish is made.

At this point, I am just going to block you, because you either have some kind of agenda where you consistently lie about this issue on an almost pathological basis - or are genuinely one of the densest people I've ever spoken to.

You tell him Tim!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I’ve seen that game played as well…. I asked one of the players who got their hands on the huge pot of money that was building up and he said ……’The Winner takes it all’

Probing a little further, I asked how long they'd been playing for. Only recently apparently and, in their words
"we first started THE DAY BEFORE YOU CAME".

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Crikey, that post really did get your goat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blimey. Loosen up my friend.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

:)
A six year old agenda ?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Well this thread has certainly gone "around the houses" and touched a few topics and hearts :)

Hopefully we can all remain friends and eat our Saturday morning breakfast wherever we like next week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be quite honest l'm not too sure he is your friend at this moment in time! :nono:

Maybe we can reconcile our differences over a pint… maybe not in ‘spoons though.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

You're taking things too seriously mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here