Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A left back please!!!

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Heaven help us if we don't get one before the window closes. Although I have an inkling that we'll get Matt Richards at the 11th hour. The way we are placed I'd greet him like the second coming (or in his case,third)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I concur.

Mayo is not an option.

Livermore is a good player but NOT a left back. Much too slow.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
there has got to be better out there than richards

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
i.e EVERYONE who has ever kicked a football and played that position

f**k it , Micky if you are reading - I'll play left back

Erm. Richards is okay. He's not a world-beater but he is a useful left back at this level. I seem to remember everyone speaking like this about Harding, slagging off his defensive/position play etc - Harding who, naturally has gone on to bigger and better things.

He'd be a very good signing for us.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Interesting as Stockport are complaining (on the BBC) about lack of funds. Didn't we offer 150K for their LB? I see that Pool picked up a useful striker for the game on Sat. Likely tear our Kerry to shreds.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We might still end up with McNulty. Stockport have big money problems, and there was talk in the Evening News tonight about them nearly going into administration last week, and having to sell Antony Pilkington on the cheap to keep the tax man happy.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We might still end up with MvNulty. Stockport have big money problems, and there was talk in the Evening News tonight about them nearly going into administration last week, and having to sell Antony Pilkington on the cheap to keep the tax man happy.

Not alot Stockport can do if he doesn't want to come here.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If Ipswich and Leeds show no interest then he might still sign.
Might do but more then likely he will see out his contract and go on a free in the summer.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We have a left back on trial,
Cook is out on loan,
Mayo is not fit and on the rotund side.
Our midfield should be built around Livermore and Jarrett.
Virgo is just a stupid idea
Whing will be exposed real bad some time soon if he is played there for a long period
Brencher is right footed
Lynch isnt about

Just play 3 centre backs and have away with full backs!!!!!!

or just wait til the loan window opens on 9th Feb

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Interesting as Stockport are complaining (on the BBC) about lack of funds. Didn't we offer 150K for their LB?

Yeah our bid was accepted but McNulty turned us down. I think his reasons were regarding Brighton being too far away and the fact that Stockport are a better team!

I'd definitely take Richards though. I agree we could probably do better in the long-term but he is miles better than any other option we currently have at left back and if, as reported, he's available on the cheap then get him in I say!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I assume Shannon Cole hasn't made the grade?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here