Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A lack of urgency may cost Albion

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bozza said:
I just put it down to the fact that we didn't actually have any money of note until we knew what we were getting for Henderson.

Which we found out about on the last day of the window?

I just put it down to the fact that we don't actually have any money of note.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Bozza said:
I just put it down to the fact that we didn't actually have any money of note until we knew what we were getting for Henderson.

that would be a big concern if true

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Withdean Wanderer said:
Which we found out about on the last day of the window?

We, the fans - yep.

Ya think the first contact between Preston and the Albion took place on that last day?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bozza said:
We, the fans - yep.

Ya think the first contact between Preston and the Albion took place on that last day?

According to Henderson it did. The bid came in after they found out about the transfer request

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Withdean Wanderer said:
According to Henderson it did. The bid came in after they found out about the transfer request

Whatever - I was paying much attention last week - it just struck me as a coincidence that we were making last ditch bids for strikers for amounts similar to what we collected for Henderson.

Don't listen to me - I know nuffin'.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bozza said:
Whatever - I was paying much attention last week - it just struck me as a coincidence that we were making last ditch bids for strikers for amounts similar to what we collected for Henderson.

Don't listen to me - I know nuffin'.

Fair enough reasoning!

It strikes me as a co-incidence that we are always offer biggish sums of money for strikers that we never sign.

Don't listen to me - i know nuffin':)

The article does make a lot of sense, and we know that Knight should have been quicker off the mark.
But why didn't we have an article like this after the last two transfer windows that a certain Mr McGhee was involved in?
Sorry for being cynical.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The Auditor said:
probably trying to get the price down
I dont mind a bit of thriftyness but i do not want to hear statements like relegation will cost us £1,000,000 if we go down - when not acting quickly enough to secure a goal scorer in the January window is what might cost us, just like last season.

We do not learn our leasons, still there is always Baz

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
alternatively we just accept that we are NOBODY's number one choice to join and that despite aving agreed a fee, the player wanted to wait to see what else came up.

as it goes, he got back into the first team.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Southover Street Seagull said:
The article does make a lot of sense, and we know that Knight should have been quicker off the mark.
But why didn't we have an article like this after the last two transfer windows that a certain Mr McGhee was involved in?
Sorry for being cynical.
:clap:
Andy and Mark were buddies.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Naylor says that the bid for Byfield wasn't made until the 21st, yet when we played Millwall on the 13th nobody knew he was available and I seem to recall that his being allowed to leave Millwall was made public nearly a week after we played that match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here