Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a joke

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Im struggling to get it.

But *I think* the guy who answers the door thinks the guy who is asking for the Bisto is spanish (because of the way he is dressed) so thats why he gets told to f*** off by the other english bloke.

warm....the man who has been in benners for a few days is all relaxed and gay ,whereas the man who has just arrived from redcar isn't,this leads to a juxtapositional attitudinal situation between the new arrival and the incumbent.
throw in some fake tan ,a sombrero and a pair of espadrils , a pregnant wife and some bad tatoos and the fake spanish accent which may or may not be being put on by the gravy beggar and you are staring down the barrel of a northern comedy gem.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
applying comedic logic

OK, lets try to break it down a bit then.

What is the significance of them being from Yorkshire ?

Is it to do with their accent ?

What country are the newly arrived couple from ? The Yorkshire lady seems to have assumed they're english, but how does she know ?

Does "Bisto" ,said in a broad Yorkshire accent, sound like something in spanish ? (hence the reaction "f*** off you spanish ****"

Were they holidaying on the mainland, or one of the Balearics ?

Maybe if we could find out a bit more, the joke could emerge as being funny, or perhaps (at a stretch) moderately amusing.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
This

Fixtures

IMHO

:cry:

Team for insert name of opponents: not normally a problem I used to play super striker myself and give the players names, but I saw a team selection not long ago by one of these would be managers that featured a player who he had never seen play and who actually at that point hadnt played for the club and another player called 'new signing'! Im sure I dont have to point outto someone such as yourself why this is a bit silly.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Team for insert name of opponents: not normally a problem I used to play super striker myself and give the players names, but I saw a team selection not long ago by one of these would be managers that featured a player who he had never seen play and who actually at that point hadnt played for the club and another player called 'new signing'! Im sure I dont have to point outto someone such as yourself why this is a bit silly.

Quite.

Still pretty soon we will be asked to engage in a stimulating debate as to how many will we take to Swindon and which stop on the circle line should we get off at. Good times!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
OK, lets try to break it down a bit then.

What is the significance of them being from Yorkshire ?

Is it to do with their accent ?

What country are the newly arrived couple from ? The Yorkshire lady seems to have assumed they're english, but how does she know ?

Does "Bisto" ,said in a broad Yorkshire accent, sound like something in spanish ? (hence the reaction "f*** off you spanish ****"

Were they holidaying on the mainland, or one of the Balearics ?

Maybe if we could find out a bit more, the joke could emerge as being funny, or perhaps (at a stretch) moderately amusing.

What you failed to empathise with is that the joke should be heard in a comic voice vis-a-vis Tommy Cooper or Joe Pasquale.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

Has my PC broken? What's this doing here?!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Quite.

Still pretty soon we will be asked to engage in a stimulating debate as to how many will we take to Swindon and which stop on the circle line should we get off at. Good times!

Yeah but knowing how many we are going to take somewhere heightens the individuals enjoyment by erm err. I will get back to you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What you failed to empathise with is that the joke should be heard in a comic voice vis-a-vis Tommy Cooper or Joe Pasquale.

I was doing it in a Bernard Manning voice in my head, but I couldn't understand what he was saying. In the end I got bored and left.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

it might be a shit joke but you cant just start banging on about you know what on my gig.......it ain't right is it.i live in oz anyway so chill baby....loose fit and all that...:whistle:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Perhaps it's time to come home Sydney. Australian comedy is clearly eroding your English sense of humour. Oh and who's Bernard Manning?

:shrug:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I was doing it in a Bernard Manning voice in my head, but I couldn't understand what he was saying. In the end I got bored and left.

Look I want to get you across the line here. Imagine that Bernardo was wearing a silly outfit and was pulling ridiculous faces as he relayed the 'joke'.

Get it?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look I want to get you across the line here. Imagine that Bernardo was wearing a silly outfit and was pulling ridiculous faces as he relayed the 'joke'.

Get it?

I'm really trying, but its just not happening with this one. Its just too subtle for me.
I'm sure the rest of Mannings material is absolutely HYSTERICAL though

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Shit I'm being really thick here ... WTF is funny?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here