B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Guinness Dave said:
I DONT CARE HOW FUCKIN TALENTED THEY ARE

IF THEY OPENLY STATE THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY FOR BRIGHTON
THEY CAN

f*** OFF

Pretty much sums it up for me. Don't know whether it was him or his tin pot agents that made him want to leave. If it was him then I am with GD above but if it was his agents I hope CKR realises that they are destroying his career and only want the money.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Wanderer said:
Rubbish

For a striker, it's about GOALS, no matter how good the rest of his game is, if he cant consistently put the ball in the back of the net, he wont survive at that level

No, a player's contribution is about a lot more than statistics. An example? Well, different type of player admittedly but, how about Kevin Davies at Bolton.

Kazim-Richards is clearly a very talented player. You only have to watch him play to see that.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
the full harris said:
No, a player's contribution is about a lot more than statistics. An example? Well, different type of player admittedly but, how about Kevin Davies at Bolton.

Kazim-Richards is clearly a very talented player. You only have to watch him play to see that.

Again, have to disagree, you dont become talented by showing "promise" every now and then, you have to do it consistently, and that requires a certain Roy Keene type drive and devotion, not some f***ing girl scout like CKR who expects to get picked no matter what

I reiterate that he is NOT proven to be a CONSISTENTLY good player, I hope he does well, and proves that he is that good a player in the future, but for now, he simply IS NOT consistent enough.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Wanderer said:
Again, have to disagree, you dont become talented by showing "promise" every now and then, you have to do it consistently, and that requires a certain Roy Keene type drive and devotion, not some f***ing girl scout like CKR who expects to get picked no matter what

I reiterate that he is NOT proven to be a CONSISTENTLY good player, I hope he does well, and proves that he is that good a player in the future, but for now, he simply IS NOT consistent enough.

But I would argue that he wasn't consistent enough because he wasn't ever given the opportunity to be. To be consistent you have to have a run in the starting line-up and the full backing of the management. He got neither of these from what I could see.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
And played in his best postion which is not the target man role we used him in last season

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Rookie said:
And played in his best postion which is not the target man role we used him in last season

Exactly. When he came to the club, it was said that his best position was as an attacking midfielder, not a striker. Fair enough if that can't fit into our system but, if that is the case, then why buy him in the first place?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
the full harris said:
Exactly. When he came to the club, it was said that his best position was as an attacking midfielder, not a striker. Fair enough if that can't fit into our system but, if that is the case, then why buy him in the first place?

Fair point made there, cant argue with that, but either way it doesnt matter now, he's off to Sheffield where Warnock will probably not play him in his best position either, who knows, Warnock wont take any crap, that is for sure

A further point that I would make is that by stepping up the divisions from Bury to us and then to Sheffield United, his "best position" could likely change, he might actually fit better as a striker than an Attacking Midfielder, but until he plays consistently, I guess you cant be sure.

I still make the point though, that you have to have the right attitude, and that comes before everything else, it is all very well saying he is playing out of position, but you have to prove yourself in the position that the manager plays you in, I'm sure Warnock will off-load him if he shows a similar dis-respect to him, as he showed to MM

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Wanderer said:
I'm sure Warnock will off-load him if he shows a similar dis-respect to him, as he showed to MM

Yes, it will be a very good test of Kazim-Richards attitude. At the end of the day, none of us actually know if CKR was a bad egg or poorly treated, there are two sides to every story. I'll be interested to see how he gets on with Warnock.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's got great ability but his movement and awareness are crap, until that changes he'll never be a striker.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here