Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought Zamora had a great half all things considered. He came into a team low on confidence and a mess. He nearly scored 3 times, linked up the play well and held possession up.

I am confident he did more than enough to ensure his selection in the next game and did more than Heskey in all departments.

How did you rate him ?.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Zamora was excellent and played his way into the squad for the Euro Qualifiers, got a great reception from the crowd when he came on and at the end.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
8 / 10 for me, showed confidence on the ball, was prepared to have a shot and offered reasonable pace, all in all a good display.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
He so nearly scored twice the header in inj time was brilliant did everything right heading down and in but the goalie did well and that long ranger wizzed past the goalies fingers, he passed well and held up the ball great only 1 or 2 duff passes all half brilliant, so unlucky not to get a goal, legend.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That shot, chested down and hit first time from 25 yards and just finger tipped over. Superb.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A solid 7/10 for me. He did well, but not brilliantly. It was a shame his flashing volley didn't find the top corner as that would have been a wonderful moment for him on his England debut at Wembley.

He didn't look out of place and must have done enough to ensure he's at least in the squad for the upcoming Euro qualifiers.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Albeit at a lower level, Brighton fans really know what he can do. I remember one goal he scored for us when someone (probably Paul Watson) played the ball near the halfway line over Bobby's shoulder on the edge of the box and he volleyed it straight into the corner of the goal. Natural class. I need to go find a clip of this goal immediately...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albeit at a lower level, Brighton fans really know what he can do. I remember one goal he scored for us when someone (probably Paul Watson) played the ball near the halfway line over Bobby's shoulder on the edge of the box and he volleyed it straight into the corner of the goal. Natural class. I need to go find a clip of this goal immediately...
Halifax.

Best goal Withdean will ever see.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Gave the ball away a few times which in international football can prove costly, Hungary had one counter attack which came to nothing after he gave it away. A better team may have taken advantage.
On the whole he was good, great header which produced a great save from Kiraly and the shot on the edge of the box was excellent technique and should have been a corner.
Hope he gets another chance.

The Sun's verdict:-

Joe Hart 6
Glen Johnson 7
Phil Jagielka 7
John Terry 6
Ashley Cole 6
Theo Walcott 7
Frank Lampard 6
Gareth Barry 6
Adam Johnson 6
Wayne Rooney 6
Steven Gerrard 8

Bobby Zamora 6

THE Fulham and former West Ham hitman - on for Lampard at the break - got rid of his shaky start to hammer in a couple of decent chances.

A long-range drive whizzed over the bar and a far-post header went close.

Zamora was off and running, believing he had scored on his international debut, but when he looked around the Hungary keeper clawed his header away to safety.

Ashley Young 5
Kieran Gibbs 6

Other substitutes

Michael Dawson 5
James Milner 5
Jack Wishere 5

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Sun's verdict:-

Joe Hart 6
Glen Johnson 7
Phil Jagielka 7
John Terry 6
Ashley Cole 6
Theo Walcott 7
Frank Lampard 6
Gareth Barry 6
Adam Johnson 6
Wayne Rooney 6
Steven Gerrard 8

Bobby Zamora 6

THE Fulham and former West Ham hitman - on for Lampard at the break - got rid of his shaky start to hammer in a couple of decent chances.

A long-range drive whizzed over the bar and a far-post header went close.

Zamora was off and running, believing he had scored on his international debut, but when he looked around the Hungary keeper clawed his header away to safety.

Ashley Young 5
Kieran Gibbs 6

Other substitutes

Michael Dawson 5
James Milner 5
Jack Wishere 5

The Sun must use a different scoring system to everyone else.

Gibbs 6? WTF?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here