Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
There's only one face that should be on that flag and that's Mr Blooms. Total waste of money having a manager on it,some folk seem to have very short memories,it was only a few weeks ago they were bemoaning the fact that only Tony was a true Albion legend ,now this monstrosity

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
46136E2C-A2BC-4E78-8342-F386ABE62DCD.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have to agree, sadly. Spending what is quite a lot of money on something that is known in advance will become redundant, doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

If nothing else, from a green perspective, we're intentionally manufacturing something that will have a lifespan shorter than it could have.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I have to agree, sadly. Spending what is quite a lot of money on something that is known in advance will become redundant, doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

If nothing else, from a green perspective, we're intentionally manufacturing something that will have a lifespan shorter than it could have.

Also will be interesting to see how keen the potential flag bearers are after the next five games!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The design didn't even win it's own (admittedly very odd) facebook poll.

Attachments

• Flag.jpg
    Flag.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 175

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Once you put people in charge of anything like this power goes to their heads. :moo:

I suspect the thinking went something like. Wouldn't it be great to do something to welcome the new manager etc. etc. and it lost sight of what a waste that is just for one game. The cost not so much, but in todays day and age having a flag for short term doesn't feel right. Hopefully they can follow it up with a more generic design next time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I see no reason why this flag can't be used for all of De Zerbi's tenure. I presume you're suggesting he'll soon be gone?

So much negativity on this thread about a flag :rolleyes:

Talk about mountain out of a molehill. It's flag FFS not an expensive useless player signing!

I'd like to see a car sticker of this, I have two Italian cars :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I see no reason why this flag can't be used for all of De Zerbi's tenure. I presume you're suggesting he'll soon be gone?

So much negativity on this thread about a flag :rolleyes:

Talk about mountain out of a molehill. It's flag FFS not an expensive useless player signing!

I'm not suggesting anything about his tenure, simply if we're clubbing together to spend £1,600 why not go for a design that we know won't become out-dated at some point, rendering the flag literally useless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not suggesting anything about his tenure, simply if we're clubbing together to spend £1,600 why not go for a design that we know won't become out-dated at some point, rendering the flag literally useless.

Much like the pregnant Seagull designed by Dick Knight that went on all the Albion merchandising? :wink:

I take your point though I hope it's a few years before it becomes redundant

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I would suggest that rather than funding flags like this that get limited use, we look into getting some more smaller flags made that can be permanently hung around the stadium. A patchwork of flags on the north stand back wall would look great.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nah, not for me Clive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here