Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] A film you have re watched in lockdown that you forgot how good it was

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We watched Lock Stock..... last night and am now following up with the documentary on youtube.

I haven't forgotten how brilliant this film is as I much have watched it 100 times.

Thanks for that, Guy.

Do you still see Madge these days?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Watched Groundhog Day for the first time since it came out. Very clever and has now got me singing I Got You Babe every morning since. Not yet smashed the alarm because there’s no reason to have it on any more.

Nobby Horton's Knob

Aug 4, 2019
Portsmuff
Not a film admittedly, The Original TV series of The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy. I must have seen it 100 times and i still find something new to smile at. What a hoopy imagination Douglas Adams had. Interestingly ( for us Hitch-hikers nerds ) there's a chain of estate agents in London called ' Hotblack Desiato ' :)

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Having never watched any of the Mission Impossibles, I watched Ghost Protocol. The most insane thing about that film being that TC did his own stunts on the outside of that Dubai hotel (tallest building in the world?) I had sweaty palms thinking it was all green screen stuff, let alone an actual stuntman, but to find out Cruise actually did them himself. Whatever you think of the guy, he’s got balls the size of something very big. He even ran down the outside attached by a single rope harness.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Surprised if not mentioned already....

Any Given Sunday.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Rise of the Foot Soldier.

Stay clear of the sequels though.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Surprised if not mentioned already....

Any Given Sunday.

Watched it last week. If you’ve got it on DVD the extras are well worth a look - how the NFL were completely uncooperative, putting pressure even on colleges and universities not to let them use their stadiums, refusing all use of their logos and uniforms. The reason the first game starts in the daytime and ends in the dark is because they had the use of the stadium they filmed in for one day only and had so much filming to do.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Watched with our teenage daughter:

Pretty in Pink
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Some Kind of Wonderful
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles

[Some incredible UK New Wave songs within that lot].

Groundhog Day
[Right down my alley. Loads of genuine last out loud moments for us].

What did she make of Fbdo and the breakfast club ? I wonder if younguns would see these classics of our time as too dated to be relatable

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I watched The Gentlemen again. (I know its recent but it's still good).

Watched Back To The Future last night and will watch The Departed tonight.

I want to give this Gangs of London a go soon as well but need to finish Hunters first.

Out of interest, where did you get The Gentlemen as I can't find a decent copy yet through my usual sources?

GoL is bloody brilliant btw. Been avoiding watching the last episode for a couple of days as we don't want it to end. Plus you know there's going to be a massive cliff hanger for S2.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What did she make of Fbdo and the breakfast club ? I wonder if younguns would see these classics of our time as too dated to be relatable

My guess is she loved them.

We watched FBDO a couple of years ago (so the kid was about 11 then) and we still use the "Anyone, Bueller, anyone...." gag.

Cracking list of films there [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] btw. :rock:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Watched it last week. If you’ve got it on DVD the extras are well worth a look - how the NFL were completely uncooperative, putting pressure even on colleges and universities not to let them use their stadiums, refusing all use of their logos and uniforms. The reason the first game starts in the daytime and ends in the dark is because they had the use of the stadium they filmed in for one day only and had so much filming to do.

Not surprising really. Touches on head trauma way before it became a public issue.

Best speach in cinema?? ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hi,
She liked FBDO a lot, she loved Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. She’d watched Breakfast Club before of her own choosing. Lovely films for teens, Molly Ringwald a heroine for a teenage girl.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having never watched any of the Mission Impossibles, I watched Ghost Protocol. The most insane thing about that film being that TC did his own stunts on the outside of that Dubai hotel (tallest building in the world?) I had sweaty palms thinking it was all green screen stuff, let alone an actual stuntman, but to find out Cruise actually did them himself. Whatever you think of the guy, he’s got balls the size of something very big. He even ran down the outside attached by a single rope harness.

I really enjoy those movies and Tom Cruise is a good actor imo. Agree about the heights, that’s my phobia.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hi,
She liked FBDO a lot, she loved Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. She’d watched Breakfast Club before of her own choosing. Lovely films for teens, Molly Ringwald a heroine for a teenage girl.

I look forward to watching these superb films with my daughter.
But for now, it’s Paw Patrol.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Watched The Fighter again last night.

Incredible performance by Chritian Bale although the boxing scenes could have been slightly more realistic.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
15B83274-7F9F-4B95-9F05-6B8D8E8AAFAB.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here