Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few Fatboy pictures and a video from last night

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Why were the big screens not working properly? There are black bits all over it.

That's not the screens - that's all the shit that people kept throwing up in the air.

Talking of which - considering the ridiculous wait to get a drink I was surprised so many people decided to launch theirs in the air, rather than drink it.

FWIW - it's not the sort of gig I would ever go to. However, I went as I felt FBS had done so much for the club over the years that he deserved a bit of support for his gig. And it was a fantastic night too.

EDIT: Actually the screens do look a bit shit. So ignore that point.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Yeah, let's all slag off someone who helped to keep our club alive.
If his music isn't your thing, fine, don't go. He is one of us though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So many miserable unts of this forum.

It seems that way.

I thought the whole was awesome – all the DJs seemed to get the place rocking with their sets, the rain didn't put anyone off, and FBS finished the night brilliantly. If I was really picky, I would have liked a bit more off from "You've come a long way baby", but that's just coz I'm old (in raving terms)!

Worst thing for me was seeing the state of the stadium - mainly the toilets, as well as the seats and surrounding areas that were vomited on by a lad, who was seemingly being looked after by his dad. He must be so proud!

Drinks queues, fair enough, in some respects, but then I don't really know the best way to cope with the near constant demand of however many thousand people were there.

I don't get the moans about the transport. Fair enough the trains weren't running after half nine from Falmer, but I left when FBS' set finished, jogged up the hill, waited in the queue for the charter bus and was back at the Steine in no time, factor in walking up to the station, train to Shoreham-by-Sea and taxi home, and door to door it was less than 90 mins.

If anyone was THAT bothered about getting back home quickly, but got caught up with the masses, maybe they should have got on their toes. I believe the common phrase is "you snooze, you lose". Otherwise, just go with the flow, and accept it's going to take a while to get from a concert venue that's not central, back to town, or wherever.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh, and, while this might not be the right place for it, a guy claiming to be the son of the chief scout was telling us whilst we were waiting for drinks that: Vicente 'probably' wouldn't be back; Harper tried to take over in training, there was a bit of a disagreement and Gus shipped him out pronto; bid was accepted for Noone, but he didn't want to go, Goalkeeper is a priority (despite Charlie's quotes a while back), and his old man had been keeping a close eye on Becchio.

I appreciate some of this might be fixtures (or made up), but I'm just passing on what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger, etc, etc.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Catering aside sound like The Amex got it right for their first big music event. Everyone I know that went said they had a jolly nice time.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Left at 8pm because a) train shambles meant I'd have had to leave at 9pm anyway and b) waited in the queue for over an hour for a drink and got nowhere. Fantastic time though nevertheless, and very good learning curve so I can plan the day differently next year (aka drink more before getting to the Amex, book a hotel in Brighton etc). Absolutely buzzing for next year's!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Left at 8pm because a) train shambles meant I'd have had to leave at 9pm anyway and b) waited in the queue for over an hour for a drink and got nowhere. Fantastic time though nevertheless, and very good learning curve so I can plan the day differently next year (aka drink more before getting to the Amex, book a hotel in Brighton etc). Absolutely buzzing for next year's!
You into JLS then?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
looks a bit bloke heavy

Trust me, it wasn't, lots and lots of pretty girl's not wearing a lot....my missus got the hump because me and friends were constantly pointing them out to each other

IMAG0245.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
looks a bit bloke heavy

No way. No way at all; hot pants and vests were the order of the day and on view everywhere I looked. The crowd in general seemed to be made up of decent and good looking people. Dance events do sometimes attract a chavvy crowd who are hell bent on getting twatted first and foremost; not the case at the AMEX.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here