Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few Barnsley Amex views

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's not wrong though - I will NEVER get bored of that.
Got me wondering - is there anyone out there who can post the video clip by clip for the uberfans on NSC to fill in any of the names some of us bad fans are struggling with.

Bridcutt v Carlisle last year
Barnes v Daggers to seal promotion
Stevens at Wembley 83
Case at Highbury. 83 semi
Reinelt at Hereford
KLL v Bournemouth last year
Peter Ward
Virgo v Swindon. 2nd leg
Kuipers v Wolves
Carpenter v Swindon. 1st leg
Knight. Play off final
Zamora
Storer v Donny. Last game at the Goldstone

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i don't like that montage, it makes us look a bit mickey mouse. best bit pre match is mass sussex by the sea sing-along... which is why i don't really get the sussex by the sea tempo obsessives. we all know the current version and most of us know just a few lines of it... so let's just belt out those bits in unison. works best when the record is cut out half way though, and the crowd completes the song alone. who cares if its the right or wrong speed, it just needs to be loud and passionate.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Stevens at Wembley 83
Reinelt at Hereford
Peter Ward
Virgo v Swindon. 2nd leg
Kuipers v Wolves
Knight. Play off final
Zamora

The next to last one isn't Zamora. It's Lee steele against Bristol city the day we went top of the old div 2 before it became league one.

I love the fact they used the itv coverage of the cup final. Our family had that videoed and when we watched it back, souness spent the whole game bigging us up and predicted we would equalise (hence you can hear him say 'I told you' when the goal goes in). It gives a totally different perspective from the BBC commentary that everybody now uses and is available on video.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Cant believe on of them talked about the ref giving all the 50/50 decisions our way!! I don't think he gave us anything all game.

If you watch the highlights for the first goal Dunk might have handled the ball and watch Billy Paynter just push someone out the way. We got a bit of luck there at least.

Last edited:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Stevens at Wembley 83
Reinelt at Hereford
Peter Ward
Virgo v Swindon. 2nd leg
Kuipers v Wolves
Knight. Play off final
Zamora

Great work HKFC and Lush for posting. And the guy who looks like BZ with dreadlocks between Carpenter and Knight? The other one I didn't get was Bridcutt :blush:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
i don't like that montage, it makes us look a bit mickey mouse. best bit pre match is mass sussex by the sea sing-along... which is why i don't really get the sussex by the sea tempo obsessives. we all know the current version and most of us know just a few lines of it... so let's just belt out those bits in unison. works best when the record is cut out half way though, and the crowd completes the song alone. who cares if its the right or wrong speed, it just needs to be loud and passionate.

I like the montage I think it ramps up the atmosphere very well. Also it is something that nobody else does, although I suspect a few teams may now copy us.

Imo it is stirring stuff and I'm always in my seat by the time they show it.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I like the montage I think it ramps up the atmosphere very well. Also it is something that nobody else does, although I suspect a few teams may now copy us.

Me too love the montage. Best bit is the opening scene of the Amex when the helicopter roars up over the downs to reveal it in all its glory.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Thankfully the club disagree re the montage, best part of the pre match stuff for me. Never get bored of seeing it

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

Afraid I've got to disagree with you.

I think it's brilliant and love watching it. Brings back some fantastic memories, old and new.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Birmingham City did.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Great work HKFC and Lush for posting. And the guy who looks like BZ with dreadlocks between Carpenter and Knight? The other one I didn't get was Bridcutt :blush:

Although as I say, it's not Zamora but steele for the next to last goal

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham City did.

Reading have done it for years. I suspect a lot of clubs who we haven't been to for a bit do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here