Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A difficult place to go

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yeovil is a difficult place to go. The station is miles from the town. The ground is on the outskirts of the town on some poxy housing estate. The local pub is a maze of streets and footpaths away from said ground. It didn’t help that I was drunk, so there, shit happens.

Yeovil is a piece of piss to get to. Only a 30min drive from home :shrug:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Yeovil is a difficult place to go. The station is miles from the town. The ground is on the outskirts of the town on some poxy housing estate. The local pub is a maze of streets and footpaths away from said ground. It didn’t help that I was drunk, so there, shit happens.

A great day out a few years back 1 hoppa bus blocked by the famous BHA fan Doc and wacky races in an array of cabs to try and get the last Train . Graham was an angry man that day .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Went to Carlisle at the weekend! It was really easy!! 3.5 hours from Euston ...

I went in the car (@Bwian was driving). I was interviewed on the way by Harty (on my phone) which is why it may have felt such a long journey. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Amazingly, from West Sussex, the whole way to Carlisle, there was 7 train stops, across two trains!!

That's pretty decent. I am reluctant to train it to away games owing to unpleasant experiences in the past. At my age and with scoliosis I need to sit, and when some coked up 'Brighton' oaf is in your first class seat and won't move it can be a tad irksome (Chesterfield way back when).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry - is that Thomas Hardy in your motif?

No. It is a picture I took of a bust of the great Rudyard Kipling at Batemans a few months ago. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's been a while but Swindon always meant trouble for my powers of map reading, folk lore has it that Swindon was actually never meant to be a place at all just so many people got lost there they decided to stay and live out the rest of their lives concocting wicked spells to make themselves all look the same.

Isn't Swindon one of those places where you can see the floodlights from the station and just head in that direction?

It's almost like to miss that you'd need to be the sort of map reader who could end up in a different village to the one you were supposed to be playing cricket in, albeit a near homophone....

:whistle:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Easy for me is Brisbane Road and P'filled.

Difficult, Carlisle.

I looked it up, 6hrs 22mins by car. Over 5 hours by train from you.

I once drove to Hartlepool and back in a day. That was just nuts looking back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here