Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A couple of things that made me LOL after the Final...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1. Aragones hobbling away with the physio, clutching the base of his spine after he'd been given the BUMPS by the whole Spanish team

2. One of the losers medals becoming detached and clattering to the floor, leaving the official standing there clutching a piece of ribbon as it was about to be handed to a German

Made the whole thing worthwhile (well, that and the £60 I'm collecting from Billy Hill at lunchtime).
:clap2:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I thought Aragones was going to have a heart attack when they were doing that - he didn't look too happy!!!

Missed the medal thing though - classic!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Watching the Germans sitting on the pitch sulking while the Spanish celebrated. Every so often they cut away from a shot of a cheering Spaniard to show a German with a face like a slapped arse.

Other than an English victory, there can be very few things that make an English football fan smile as much as a bunch of upset German players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another nice touch was the Spanish "Guard of Honour" that the Germans were expected to walk through to collect their losers medals - with the spanish team all lined up but leaping around in stupid hats and sarongs, celebrating wildly. Understandably the Germans didn't go anywhere near it till the spaniards had all calmed down a bit.

:lolol:

GREAT night for football all round I think.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Jens Lehman seemed to take it all very well.

Twat

Meanwhile, Germany goalkeeper Jens Lehmann believed referee Roberto Rosetti was biased and criticised the Italian over two decisions that went against his side.

"He clearly saw a head-butt from a Spanish player (David Silva) towards Lukas Podolski - he didn't book him or give him a red card," said the former Arsenal player.

"Just before the end, we had a good chance in the penalty area - and all of a sudden, he gave a foul against us where even the Spanish players were surprised to get a free-kick. It was very disappointing."

"He was very arrogant and in my opinion he was biased."

The 38-year-old added: "This was my last European Championship match. That's why losing is so hard to bear at this moment."

:D:salute:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"He clearly saw a head-butt from a Spanish player (David Silva) towards Lukas Podolski - he didn't book him or give him a red card," said the former Arsenal player.

"Just before the end, we had a good chance in the penalty area - and all of a sudden, he gave a foul against us where even the Spanish players were surprised to get a free-kick. It was very disappointing."

In all fairness to Jens, he was only 90 yards away from the two incidents, thus had a much better view of them than the cheating referee.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I was very said last time to see the end of what has been a very entertaining tournament, however I soon perked up realising it's only a month until Sky start showing their glamour pre-season friendly tournaments and then only a week after that Brighton kick off their campaign at Crewe and the week after that the Premier League begins.

:yahoo:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lehmann's face during the presentation was priceless, and the missus and I both said "heart-attack" when Aragones was being bumped.

It's always good to see Germany lose but the point is this was their 13th final, as compared to our 1, AND they've got to this year's final with a mediocre side by their standards - more than we've managed in 42 years.

Watching the Germans sitting on the pitch sulking while the Spanish celebrated. Every so often they cut away from a shot of a cheering Spaniard to show a German with a face like a slapped arse.

Other than an English victory, there can be very few things that make an English football fan smile as much as a bunch of upset German players.

Word. And how 'sporting' were they, wagging their heads :nono: as if it were a travesty of justice - when they were completely outplayed and were hardly in it for most of the game.
Maybe they were disgusted about not having the chance to writhe in agony and get a pen or two as per 'plan A'. :thud:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Luckily for Lehman his wonderfully selective memory allowed him to forget the incident (which went unpunished) where he handled the ball outside of the box

Glad Spain won all of the talent they have had over the years and it just clicked this time around. Worthy winners against the very negative Germans

Lehmann's face during the presentation was priceless, and the missus and I both said "heart-attack" when Aragones was being bumped.

It's always good to see Germany lose but the point is this was their 13th final, as compared to our 1, AND they've got to this year's final with a mediocre side by their standards - more than we've managed in 42 years.

True. Germany consistently do enough to go through in every tournament, and play tried and tested safe tactics that are generally sound. They also lack the uncertain passions - that upset refs or can cause confusions and subsequent losses, like England do. We always have a vulnerability, an Achilles heel or chink in our armour ,that we not only fear ourselves, but that we seem to let every team we play know about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here