Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A completely myopic view from someone unfortunate enough to live in Middlesbrough

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
798a51999294f15f240fe813f10deae4.jpg
accae38b4b5a7eb95fb071c26f5862ae.jpg
at least he admits he lives in a sh!thole

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
No wonder the beers are so cheap up there, I'd have to be pissed 24/7 to get through life

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
798a51999294f15f240fe813f10deae4.jpg
accae38b4b5a7eb95fb071c26f5862ae.jpg
at least he admits he lives in a sh!thole

I once got taken on a tour of the steelworks at Redcar, as part of a geography field trip (yeah, I know, others went to the prehistoric caves of the French Alps, or the Natural History Museum, and we went to Teesside: what went wrong??).

It was depressing enough then, and that was before they made them all redundant, as- sadly- they are in the process of doing now.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
(yeah, I know, others went to the prehistoric caves of the French Alps, or the Natural History Museum, and we went to Teesside: what went wrong??).

This has made me laugh........thing is i'd think that was an alright trip....and yes i can be quite boring too..:wave:

Edit:...............realising that you are female............... by TOO i meant for me,not you as well........

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This has made me laugh........thing is i'd think that was an alright trip....and yes i can be quite boring too..:wave:

Hmmm. In addition to the steelworks, we also got taken round various council estates in Middlesbrough (as a case study of failed urban planning in the 1960s), to the (closed) colliery at Easington, and to the wholly grim new town of Peterlee, which quite frankly makes Crawley look exotic and well heeled. I think we also paid passing attention to ICI at Billingham too :ohmy:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hmmm. In addition to the steelworks, we also got taken round various council estates in Middlesbrough (as a case study of failed urban planning in the 1960s), to the (closed) colliery at Easington, and to the wholly grim new town of Peterlee, which quite frankly makes Crawley look exotic and well heeled. I think we also paid passing attention to ICI at Billingham too :ohmy:

lucky you escaped to tell the tale...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I once got taken on a tour of the steelworks at Redcar, as part of a geography field trip (yeah, I know, others went to the prehistoric caves of the French Alps, or the Natural History Museum, and we went to Teesside: what went wrong??).

It was depressing enough then, and that was before they made them all redundant, as- sadly- they are in the process of doing now.

Not a patch on the Longstanton SPICE museum eh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
lucky you escaped to tell the tale...

Just about. We stayed in a hotel in Whitby, and somebody lobbed a rock through the window while we ate dinner one night :lol:

On a previous year, the coach got bricked on its tour of one of the Middlesbrough estates :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just about. We stayed in a hotel in Whitby, and somebody lobbed a rock through the window while we ate dinner one night :lol:

On a previous year, the coach got bricked on its tour of one of the Middlesbrough estates :D

The school coach?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'm a Boro fan
20+ years as a season ticket holder at the Riverside and Ayresome park
Seen it all , been there , got the T shirt.

A lot of bleating on here about Ramirez.
1) you lot targeted him from the off and he got fouled loads, a clear target from the off.
2) the ref was lenient in the yellows that he didn't give for booting Ramirez around the park
3) Boro had nothing to do with the sending off, Ramirez showed dean his leg , decision was Deans
4) even with 11 men you were never going to score 2 . Sure we sat back but against 10 men why not
5) save your anger for someone else
6) we used to like Brighton but the bitterness on here has changed many minds.

Love and kisses

As someone once sang*:

Why do you come here?
And why do you hang around?
Now **** off you tiresome, sad, desperately needy **** cos no one cares

*One line may not be entirely accurate...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm a Boro fan
20+ years as a season ticket holder at the Riverside and Ayresome park
Seen it all , been there , got the T shirt.

A lot of bleating on here about Ramirez.
1) you lot targeted him from the off and he got fouled loads, a clear target from the off.
2) the ref was lenient in the yellows that he didn't give for booting Ramirez around the park
3) Boro had nothing to do with the sending off, Ramirez showed dean his leg , decision was Deans
4) even with 11 men you were never going to score 2 . Sure we sat back but against 10 men why not
5) save your anger for someone else
6) we used to like Brighton but the bitterness on here has changed many minds.

Love and kisses
Enjoy your season in The Premiership.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I ****ing hated human geography

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was staying in the travel lodge, and was talking to the lady behind the bar, her daughter lived in Reading and had been visiting her. She kept going on about how lovely Reading was, I must admit I thought she was taking the piss. Then we went in to the town to see if we could get a drink, it was deserted apart from some people with a drug problems and kids on bikes throwing sandwiches at each other. Decided to go back to the travel lodge. Realised she was not taking the piss, bloody hell. Reading is not a shithole it just lacks character. I have never been so glad to live here.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What school did you go too, borstal for girls!?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
In a hundred thousand years time there will still be new threads being started by Boro fans saying that they used to like us but now we're blah blah come armageddon come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here