Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A classic quote from the ruddy faced bellend.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Another very good point, and one I failed to mention. You're right, literally WHOEVER he takes over next, he WILL have all the fans on his back right from the start. He'll be abused wherever he goes (rightly so), and even a couple of defeats could put him under serious pressure. Plenty of football managers are useless, but this guy's got even more going for him than that. Not only has he f***ed up our whole summer, there's just something about his attitude that doesn't sit well with supporters. I can see even a championship/league one club being very underwhelmed by his appointment.

And in answer to your question, I wouldn't want him here. If you offered me the chance to replace Wilkins with McLaren tomorrow, I wouldn't consider it for even a second.

Nor I.

However, Easy 10 could get a Saturday job holding his umbrella for him when it rains!

Oct 25, 2003
i think his main issue is that he literally has NOTHING glittering on his CV

yeah, he got a mid table club to a uefa cup final (via some ridiculous come-backs) but got heavily found out in the final..plus he actually spent a fairly hefty sum on players, he also won a carling cup (yeah) against BOLTON, hardly a massive claim to fame

apart from this he did precisely f*** all at boro, and their fans didn't really give a shit when he left (remember a fan throwing his season ticket at him?)

then of course you have to think about his england stint, which has basically shat on his CV forever

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McLaren left the job, refusing to resign and thinking he did a job job " and had no reason to resign ", that says all we need to know about him I think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i think his main issue is that he literally has NOTHING glittering on his CV

yeah, he got a mid table club to a uefa cup final (via some ridiculous come-backs) but got heavily found out in the final..plus he actually spent a fairly hefty sum on players, he also won a carling cup (yeah) against BOLTON, hardly a massive claim to fame

apart from this he did precisely f*** all at boro, and their fans didn't really give a shit when he left (remember a fan throwing his season ticket at him?)

then of course you have to think about his england stint, which has basically shat on his CV forever

Of course, I forgot just how formidable Middlesborough's history was and how full their trophy cabinet was until McLaren arrived and f***ed it all up.:jester:.

Oct 25, 2003
Of course, I forgot just how formidable Middlesborough's history was and how full their trophy cabinet was until McLaren arrived and f***ed it all up.:jester:.

i doubt a carling cup left them all worrying about where to put it;)

anyway, think about how much money he spent, what was it, £10m on maccarone? something like that, loads of players on HUGE wages, and yet he couldn't get them past mid table

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i doubt a carling cup left them all worrying about where to put it;)

anyway, think about how much money he spent, what was it, £10m on maccarone? something like that, loads of players on HUGE wages, and yet he couldn't get them past mid table

This is true but just about every club in the Premiership has done the same and spent stupid money, much of it wasted, it's not like Mclaren was given the money to compete with Chelsea, united Arsenal etc, so mid table with a cup win and a euro final is not that bad. I'm not a mcClaren fan but it pisses me off how villified he is because we have shite players at International level who get NONE of the blame for failing to qualify. We're just not good enough but if there has to be a scapegoat can we spread it about a bit rather than 100% blame on the manager every time the players underperform.

Oct 25, 2003
true about money

however, i wouldn't say our players are shit at international level.......many of them are average, and we aren't good enough to compete with the best, say, 5 or 6 teams in the world, but we are probably in the top 20 sides, and definitely in the top 16 in europe. We should've come atleast 2nd in that group....look at scotland, they're hardly world beaters, yet nearly qualified in a group containing france and italy, all it took was organisation and passion (admitadly a chunk of this should come from the players), look at greece in 2004....anyone saying they were europes best side before the tournament would've been mad, but they were well managed and ended up winning the thing

to summarise, some of the blame lies with the players, but essentially the buck stops with the manager, and a good manager would've seen us qualify

its more his attitude to the whole thing that pisses me off though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Also, am I the only one who thinks he used that umbrella during the Croatia match to stop his hair dye running? There's no way a man of his age can possibly have hair that colour. It was seriously WET that night, believe me, I was there, and it was pissing down like you rarely see. I reckon he would have had ginger hair dye running down his face had he stood in that rain for 45 minutes, and you can imagine what the media would have done with that.....

Come on, if anyone was going to use hair dye, who the hell would be STUPID enough to pick a GINGER hair dye ?

Oh...I see what you mean.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As an avid 5 live listener, I'm extremely pissed off that this idiot will be one of their pundits. Graham Taylor is bad enough with his constant, "Teams need to realise their position; the fans expectations are too great". Please f*** off you turnip.
But McClown? As the Americans would say, he will take things to a whole new level, unfortunately a very low one!
I just can't bear to listen to this twat spouting his utter shite with that tone that just gets under my skin. He'll be using "Stevie G, JT" & all the other nick names that he used in his utterly useless spell as the most pathetic "leader" of our national team.

PRICK!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here