Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A classic quote from the ruddy faced bellend.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
This on the live update of the Man U - Barca game on the BBC web site. This is the man who has ruined my summer, what a complete COCK!

1922: No word of a lie. Former England - and Manchester United - coach Steve McClaren just told BBC Radio 5 Live: "This tie will go to the second leg where it will be decided."

With that sort of quote, it could be he's trying to rival Cantona for the 'seagulls....sardines' legendary one.

Too bad he's just a nob-gobblin hobgoblin, and nothing he says will ever console after the shithead screwed with the England team so that we are now proud to lose to France by only one goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I now understand what he meant and he was spot on. Having worked with Fergie, he must have known that United were going to bore Europe to death with their negativity and fear of venturing into the opposition's half with the result that they didn't have one meaningfull shot on target.

Just wish he'd expanded on it with a fuller explanation and saved me two hours of dreadful dreadful football by United as I kept waiting for them to show a bit of adventure, even for just a minute or two.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He doesn't NEED another job.
Barwicks contract generosity has seen to that.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
"This tie will go to the second leg where it will be decided."

24427597_0cba60d473_o.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's been out of work for quite some time, which leads me to the question "What's the longest a QUALITY manager has sat out in between jobs?"

Usually, they don't go much more than a season.

Given that Southgate is doing well at Boro I don't see many avenues open to the RFP. We're probably looking at a perennial Championship under-achiever, like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Luckily for everyones benefit, to rub in the fact that England didnt make it to the Euros, the Beeb hired Steve McClaren as the expert pundit!!

Safe bet really considering half the country probably won't bother watching.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Apart from the fact you clearly mean Middlesborough, not Villa, I agree. I see no possible opening for him in the Prem. The top 12 wouldn't touch him, and I'm not convinced even a struggling side would look twice at him. I think his only hopes are:
1) Find a championship club with a bit of money and, somehow, get them up.
2) Wait for one of the Prem strugglers to sack their boss next season and PRAY they take a decision on appointing him.

It won't matter which division a club is in, the fans won't want him!

Would anyone want him here?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oops, I knew it was Boro, got distracted at work.

There is bound to be a vain chairman out there who'd love the ego boost of employing a former England boss.

I honestly wouldn't even fancy him for the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here