Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Brighton Prediction

E

enigma

Its a fair report... I hope we wont go down but it''s not going to be easy... I struggle to find 3 worse teams than us

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Croydonbloke said:

When you win £250,000 on the side of a soft drinks can, which becomes the main part of your transfer budget, times are most certainly hard. Brighton might have been the fortunate winners of this windfall, but it might be the only thing that Brighton win all season.

Thats 250k more than we had last season and we survived that one :clap2:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
enigma said:
Its a fair report... I hope we wont go down but it''s not going to be easy... I struggle to find 3 worse teams than us
Millwall for one. Crewe for 2

E

enigma

Croydonbloke said:
Millwall for one. Crewe for 2

Possibly, although Milwall have got Barry Hayles, who is a proven goalscorer. Crewe will struggle, but then as for the rest who knows. Watford? Wednesday? Luton?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Although it's always difficult to predict who will go up/down I think that Crewe, Millwall and watford are all bigger candidates for relegation than us.

Crewe were going nicely in mid table when they had Ashton. As soon as they lost him they went into freefall. If they hadn't have found anyone to replace him then I think it's fair to say they would've been this years Rotherham. However, they've brought in Urgate and Luke Rodgers. Urgate should score a few but I don't think he'll have the same impact as Ashton. Rodgers is a mouthy little turd. He's hardly been prolific in the lower leagues so i see no reason to think he'll score on a regular basis at this level. Between them I don't think they are enough to keep Crewe up. So Bye bye Crewe.

Watford were a pretty poor team last season and got embroiled in the relegation fight. What kept them up were the goals of Webber and Helgusson. They've since sold them both and as far as I'm aware haven't adequately replaced them. They've also lost Cox to Cardiff. And they have a young, untried manager who is talking crazy stuff about getting Watford into the premier league. All in all, I'd say they're in for a tough old time this season.

And Millwall. The club's in disarray. Chairmen resigning all over the shop, managers being appointed and then very promptly unappointed and an exodus of half their first team. Last season they were a couple of decent players away from being genuine play off contenders. But the core of that team has been flogged and all they've brought in is a midfielder from Swindon. It can't be a happy camp. A long and toug season for sure.

So, we're gonna stay up.:)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The pikey is entitled to his opinion:lolol:
we have got a fair few players in of late,that description of our season looks rather outdated:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here