Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A blip on an upwards curve??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Before yesterday, since Boxing Day we'd only lost 2 games, both at home to excellent sides in Leeds and P'boro, now I know we've not been winning a lot but on the whole in 2009 our performances have been decent and it looked like we were about to go on a winning run.

Yesterday was a poor result but otherwise performances seemed to have been improving and we were looking better, can we put yesterday down to a blip in a game we should have won and look forward to extending our excellent recent away form in the JPT at Luton on Tuesday?

???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Thats the spirit!

Everyone on here was creaming themselves over the signings in the window and since then we have had a couple of setbacks, one against an excellent Peterborough team and one against a squad who have at least played more games as a unit than us-even though yesterday was very disappointing.

We're facing an excellent Millwall team next week and I expect an upset there, then we'll push on.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Before yesterday, since Boxing Day we'd only lost 2 games, both at home to excellent sides in Leeds and P'boro, now I know we've not been winning a lot but on the whole in 2009 our performances have been decent and it looked like we were about to go on a winning run.

Yesterday was a poor result but otherwise performances seemed to have been improving and we were looking better, can we put yesterday down to a blip in a game we should have won and look forward to extending our excellent recent away form in the JPT at Luton on Tuesday?

???

We've won two in eight since Boxing Day. That's shite. We've won 4 in 26 in the league. That's RIDICULOUSLY bad.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Jimmy Saville, i know we are having a bad season, but at least learn the facts you negative pessimistic fool. 6 out of 26 won in the leauge, not 4.

priesty

Jun 30, 2008
Jimmy Saville, i know we are having a bad season, but at least learn the facts you negative pessimistic fool. 6 out of 26 won in the leauge, not 4.
Jordan, I don't think you can blame anyone for being negative or pessimistic......
We all had high hopes for the season and we find ourselves in a position in which we are fighting for our lives.

Every fan is entitled to their opinion and every fan who pays £20+ per game to see the terrible football that has been served up is entitled to vent their frustrations.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We have won 6 games all season. Crewe, Southend, Leicester, Millwall, Swindon and Hartlepool. Whichever way you look at the stats it ain't good. I think our RELATIVELY good form in the New Year has been a blip on a rapidly decreasing curve which will see us fall ignominiously through the trapdoor into League 2 come May.

I really hope I am wrong but I don't see evidence mounting up to suggest that I am. The stats certainly aren't doing that.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

???

Wasn't REALLY an upward curve though was it? We beat a poor Swindon side and an average looking Hartlepool team at home.

I hope we turn it around, because I don't think anyone wants to see us playing little grim teams like Morecambe and Bury next season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wasn't REALLY an upward curve though was it? We beat a poor Swindon side and an average looking Hartlepool team at home.

I hope we turn it around, because I don't think anyone wants to see us playing little grim teams like Morecambe and Bury next season.

It was better than what had gone on before it though and many people felt encouraged on tuesday night despite the loss, I just think there has been another over-reaction on the back of Saturdays defeat. The new players were welcome additions and we're better for it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was better than what had gone on before it though and many people felt encouraged on tuesday night despite the loss, I just think there has been another over-reaction on the back of Saturdays defeat. The new players were welcome additions and we're better for it.

But it isn't just saturday's result, it's tuesdays, it's all the results this season. It's the team selection, it's putting Virgo in right back at home against peterborough after he got embarrassed in that position away to peterborough, then when he gets embarrassed in the home fixture, keep him there for the following game and watch his inability in that position lead to us going 2 down in the first half.

It isn't just saturday's result.

i cant accept any more shit performances, all my positivity has gone now. i just want consistency for at least a few games. we may have gone unbeaten in 5 but look at the teams apart from leicster that we played. luton, cheltenham who we didnt even beat and swindon and hartlepool who are both shit anyway.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
i cant accept any more shit performances, all my positivity has gone now. i just want consistency for at least a few games. we may have gone unbeaten in 5 but look at the teams apart from leicster that we played. luton, cheltenham who we didnt even beat and swindon and hartlepool who are both shit anyway.

But its the shit teams we need to be beat in order to be the shit team who finishes 20th. If the next 17 games end up win 6 draw 5 lose 6 then we should stay up, and those games include 4 of the bottom 6 as well as out of form Northampton. Whatever happens it ain't going to be pretty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here