Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Bitter West Ham Fan?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
oapdodge said:
Cardiff were one of the best sides we have played.All this having a dig at Cardiff about its hooligan problems.How many have been to cardiff,Ninian park from NSC ? probably not that many.Why not experience the trip and get a coach up for the game in February.Invite LB to travel with us.Then we can all comment on the Ninian Park experience.Who would be up for it ?

I've been to Ninian Park once, and recounted on here what a nasty experience it was, and to be honest it could have been a lot worse. LB took me to task a little bit about my views on the Cardiff 'hoolies', and he may have had a point, but you can only go on what you've seen yourself.

And since I won't be going back, my thoughts on the subject will forever be coloured by the memory of some real nutters walking behind us saying: "If I was you boyos I'd be walking a bit faster back to the station." We did.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Romford said:
If Cardiff is such a lovely place to travel to why did their Old Bill ask the Wheelchair supporters last night to cover their colours up ?? As for 400 fans...do one mate. Where you even there ?

I don't think I've ever pretended that Cardiff is a lovely place for visiting fans. But it's a lot better these days than it used to be. And it's no worse than West Ham, Millwall, etc.

Very poor turnout from West Ham. Less than half of what you brought here on two occasions last season. I'd be very surprised if it was as many as 500 this time. Nowhere near as many as Leeds and Leicester brought here recently. Looks like Pardew's magic is having an effect and the novelty of Championship football is wearing off for Hammers fans. Shame really, because going by Tuesday's evidence I reckon you'd better get used to it.

Do one? We did four, mate.

I was there. I always am. Were you? If so, were you one of the many West Ham fans who left the ground after Paul Parry curled in our third goal? Pity if you were, because you would've missed Jobi McAnuff's great fourth goal.

Thanks for him, by the way.

:lolol: :salute: :lolol:

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
I saw all the goals fella...

To say Cardiff is no worse than The Boleyn is laughable, I'd be annoyed if our old bill asked visiting teams fans to take off colours let alone Disabled.

As for numbers...we had between 800-1000.

Great performance by you lot and a bad one by us but this thread is all about your fans behavior and if you think you lot aren't bad then your sticking your head in the sand..

One last thing....whats the point of building a new stadium for you lot when you only get 14000 ?

Sort your own support out before having a pop at others;)

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Romford said:
I saw all the goals fella...

Terrific, weren't they? All four of them.

Are you telling us that West Ham is a pleasant place to visit for opposing fans? Surely not? The advice on the other thread is to be careful around the ground, to avoid all of the local pubs and to watch what you say at the train station! Sounds a lot like Cardiff to me......

If the police asked any of your fans in the disabled section to remove their colours, then that was probably because the disabled section is very poorly positioned in the corner of the ground and the fans who use it share food and toilet facilities with the Cardiff fans who use our main terrace. I suppose the police work on the theory that it would only take one nutter to have ago at a visiting helper who was wearing colours and the disabled person he was with could be left in all sorts of trouble.

800 to 1,000? You're having a laugh. Leicester brought 1,170 on Saturday (figure taken from Tuesday's programme) and there were at least twice as many of them as there were of you.

I've never pretended our fans are angels. Far from it. But most of us are no worse than any other genuine fans anywhere in the country. And we have no more hooligans than West Ham United, that's for sure!

One last thing - we're building a new stadium because our current ground is an ancient, dilapidated hell-hole that is a nightmare for home and visiting supporters alike. It should have been bulldozed in the Eighties. You should know, you've been there.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Romford said:
As for numbers...we had between 800-1000.

The number of West Ham fans who travelled to Cardiff last Tuesday was printed in last night's programme. You brought just 599.

I was looking at last season's yearbook this morning. Back then you brought 806 for a midweek Carling Cup match and only 889 for a Saturday league game. Surprisingly poor figures for such a big club.

Last season West Brom (1,692), Ipswich (1,154), Forest (1,283), Sunderland (1,558), Norwich (1,102) and Palace (893) all brought more fans to Ninian Park than West Ham did. And so far this season Leeds (1,040), Leicester (1,170) and Portsmouth (1,400 according to the radio) have had better turnouts in Cardiff.

Why is West Ham's away following so poor by comparison to the division's other big clubs? Are there strict ticketing restrictions in force, or is it down to a general apathy amongst Hammers fans now that you have dropped from the Premiership?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here