Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit over the top innit?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think it's only our fans that fail to acknowledge how deep in the mire we are under wilkins , lose today and more will surely turn , come on DW , produce something today and get the fans smiling again

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Most people dont want to spend £25 to watch utter shite being served up.

my work colleague was umming about going for £ 28 but did say for that I could watch Transformers 4 times and I know what would give me the most entertainment, couldn't really argue with that

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Think it's only our fans that fail to acknowledge how deep in the mire we are under wilkins , lose today and more will surely turn , come on DW , produce something today and get the fans smiling again

its quite bizarre the state of denial amoungst a lot of fans as to the horrific state Wilkins has got this club and team into, quite odd, you would think he was a managerial legend, the facts are last 12 home games, 1 win, 4 draws and 7 defeats, 2 losses of out 2 this season, this worst standard of football and entertainment I have witnessed in 35 years, hardly going to get the flocking to the Dean

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
its quite bizarre the state of denial amoungst a lot of fans as to the horrific state Wilkins has got this club and team into, quite odd, you would think he was a managerial legend, the facts are last 12 home games, 1 win, 4 draws and 7 defeats, 2 losses of out 2 this season, this worst standard of football and entertainment I have witnessed in 35 years, hardly going to get the flocking to the Dean

Although the jury is still out with me as far as Wilkins is concerned, I cannot see how any manager can succeed with the budget and the negative attitude of our Board of Directors.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

In reality what you are saying is that in your mind it's not so much that Wilkins can do no right. It's that McGhee could do no wrong.

Dean's biggest crime is not being MM. hardly a hanging offence is it?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
this worst standard of football and entertainment I have witnessed in 35 years, hardly going to get the flocking to the Dean

sorry but the next to last season at the goldstone and first half of the last as well as two season's at Gillingham were far worse surely?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Keep reeling them in US. :lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
sorry but the next to last season at the goldstone and first half of the last as well as two season's at Gillingham were far worse surely?

I totally agree with you.....awful times. The common denominator with all our poor seasons have been "MINIMAL INVESTMENT" in the playing side. It,s not rocket science.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As a favour to Wilkins I am going LARGE on Northampton to win today.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I totally agree with you.....awful times. The common denominator with all our poor seasons have been "MINIMAL INVESTMENT" in the playing side. It,s not rocket science.

but we had comparatively HUGE investment in the side under Case (following the sale of the ground):

Maskell, Baird, McDonald, Hobson, Allan, Peake etc - I think they came to nigh on half a million between them.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
but we had comparatively HUGE investment in the side under Case (following the sale of the ground):

Maskell, Baird, McDonald, Hobson, Allan, Peake etc - I think they came to nigh on half a million between them.

I think the ability to spend money wisely on decent players is the acid test of a good manager. Case was always one of those who had the ability to play at a high standard, but no managerial experience.His career since the being Albion manager has shown, that other clubs have no confidence in his ability to manage a "league" club.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We're not gonna agree on this but the hardcore of this club is now down to 5,000 and blaming the stay away fans is not gonna help. With a bit of investment and a little bit of success the club could fill the ground. The investment needs to come before they can expect the crowds and that's just the way it is. It's not a case of 3,500 not bothering more a case of a club not offering much in the way of ENTERTAINMENT and whatever the consequences that is the reason floating fans go to football.

Apart from the hardcore most occasional football fans don't give a shit why we haven't got the money they just see that there's not much on offer on the pitch in an area of the country where there are plenty of alternatives to entertain yourself on a Saturday afternoon.

Mine wasn't a post for laying the blame at any individual or group of fans' door - although someone clearly thinks I am. It was more intended as a refutation of the implication that the directors are tight-fisted, and as it transpires, negative. The same directors who have annually bank-rolled a permanently loss-making club to stay afloat now it seems only have negative intent.

My actual point, and I suspect we would end up arguing the same point from different ends of it was that, while I partially agree that a perceived lack of investment is not going to encourage fans along, it's not the whole reason - as someone on here has said. However, the directors' pockets are only so deep. So the fans' extra input is required. It's a chicken and egg scenario, and something must break the cycle. The directors have always done their bit (although some might argue that more can be done - but, then again, what with?) Staying away, irrespective of the quailty on offer, will only exacerbate the problem. That's not pointing fingers - it just happens to be the case.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The mid-90s just passed you by, didn't they?

It's a double-whammy for you if you've put money on Northampton. A Northampton win means not only a few quid in your pocket, and your delight at the belief and hope in the on-rushing approach of Wilkins' P45 Express, irrespective how the rest of us feel.

As long as you're happy. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here