Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A Bit Of Americana For Your Indulgence

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I doff.my cap and gracefully accept defeat

Jim Henson Hello GIF by Muppet Wiki

I'm sorry. I'm sat here with the family asking for songs with states in - we didn't have one for New Mexico, I liked yours so looked it up. Then, like the mean-spirited little shit I am, I - well you know what I did :)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
There are way too many

Dani California - ROCP: Getting born in the state of Mississippi - In Alabama she would swing a hammer - Black bandanna, sweet Louisiana - Robbing on a bank in the state of Indiana - California rest in peace - Never made it up to Minnesota - North Dakota man
Dakota - Stereophonics
Blue Hawaii - Elvis
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z - In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of
Fairytale of New York - Pogues & Kirsty MacColl
Hotel California - Eagles
Country Road - John Denver - West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads
My Name Is Tallulah - Tallulah had her training in North Carolina
Bee Gees - Massachusetts
California Gurls - Katy Perry
California Girls - The Beach Boys
The Tale of the Lonesome Pine - Laurel & Hardy - In the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia
The Yellow Rose of Texas - Mitch Miller
Oklahoma - Rodgers & Hammerstein
Graceland - Paul Simon - I'm going to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee
I'm gonna buy a ticket and just wait for your posts to finish the list 😂

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm gonna buy a ticket and just wait for your posts to finish the list 😂

We're done - now watching MAFS, which I'm not impressed with, as it seems they've given up any pretence that it was ever about trying to make happy couples - the bit where the 'experts' give them cards to read at the dinner table reminds me of the game Scruples. If you want your relationship to last, don't play it.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We're done - now watching MAFS, which I'm not impressed with, as it seems they've given up any pretence that it was ever about trying to make happy couples - the bit where the 'experts' give them cards to read at the dinner table reminds me of the game Scruples. If you want your relationship to last, don't play it.
Is MAFS on again? Brits? Aussies? Penguins? I MUST hide this information from Mrs Raymondo!!
"Reality TV" is anything but that nowadays.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
.....as is Carolina.

Others: Ohio (Crosby, Stills and Nash);
Oklahoma (Rodgers and Hammerstein);
Carolina Moon (Connie Francis);
My Old Kentucky Home (Loretta Lynn, among many others).
Ohio was actually Crosby, Sills, Nash and Young and is definitely Neil's song.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is MAFS on again? Brits? Aussies? Penguins?

Yeah it's the British one. I'm ok with the idea of them actually trying to set people up, but it seems clear that some couples aren't well suited. Find a guy that likes slim women, pair him up with a larger woman, then act in shock at his callousness when he says he doesn't fancy her because she's a bit curvier than he's likes. 'How do you think that makes her feel'. 'Well I imagine it makes her feel crap, but you asked me why I don't fancy her, so what am I supposed to say?'.

Anyway, too much OT crap already - sorry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Here’s a juicy one - Delaware by Perry Como. Can’t find a link to the song, perhaps someone can oblige?

Anyway the lyrics are a corruption of state names to fit the song, as in ‘What did Dela-ware boys’ and so on. So you have the following included - California, New Jersey, Mississippi, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Arkansas, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Alaska etc, etc. :bla:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Here’s a juicy one - Delaware by Perry Como. Can’t find a link to the song, perhaps someone can oblige?

Anyway the lyrics are a corruption of state names to fit the song, as in ‘What did Dela-ware boys’ and so on. So you have the following included - California, New Jersey, Mississippi, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Arkansas, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Alaska etc, etc. :bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here