Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A BALANCED view on tomorrow

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
Hello, I'm a London dwelling Orient (Camden, hence the brilliantly original username) fan who isn't a twat like the other one posting this afternoon - sorry about that, every club has its fair share of mongs. I'm gonna try and give a balanced view on tomorrow.

Just a word on attendances, we know our home support is balls (being surrounded by Prem clubs), but our away support IS excellent. We don't take many to you cos frankly, the view is beyond terrible at the Withdean from the away end, but I'm sure you knew that!!! When you get to Falmer, I'll come more (I've only been twice to Withdean) but you must understand that. Great day out though! Oh and we know we've got a crap crook of a chariman who has raped the club - guess what, you'll be able to see NEW flats tomorrow behind the South Stand, oh what joy!!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow big time, love the games against you lot, I certainly see it as a derby. You'll pack out our East Stand - people like coming to Brisbane Road, poss cos its London and also cos the stand you get is the only one with any atmosphere. It used to be our main stand before Hearnia built that tower block opposite, its a top stand to watch your football from.

I'm so envious of you that you've got a manager like Poyet - good coach, great player, he will get you out of this mess. We've got a little fat Welsh bloke who ain't that good. Meh, that's the way the cookie crumbles and all that crap. What's all this about Forster leaving, he's a top striker. He's like your McGliesh - yes I know you hate Scotty (he's like a god at Orient), but you see the parallels, strikers scoring hatfuls of goals in the twighlight of their careers, talismen etc. I wasn't at the "battle of the goldstone" but I know what SMcG did, and it was silly. But he's 36 now and probably regrets it. But the banter is good I suppose.

I don't know too much about your team to be honest. I obviously recognize all the names, I've been impressed by Cox every time I've seen him and Holroyd looks a canny signing. Oh and Kuipers has always played a blinder when I've seen him. I also dont know much about your style of play since your manager is new, but I'm guessing its good passing football. We are woefully inconsistent, sometimes shit hoofball, sometimes sublime moves. Never quite know what you're gonna get.

We've had a brilliant start to 2010 (new decade and all that nonsense), we beat Yeovil easily, beat Charlton on the telly (surely even those of you who watched it admit we deserved it, we were magnificent), before coming back from 2-0 to draw against Carlisle. Then we beat someone 5-0! I havent seen that from us for years. But in fairness, Brizzle were beyond shocking so I think it was a one off.
We have a decent team at the moment actually, a quality keeper, two excellent centre backs (Mkandawire and Chorley), Demetriou is an absolute twat but he seems to score against you, our best player is our right winger Nicky Adams on loan from Leicester who is brilliant - your LB better be on his toes. Up front is Scotty and Ryan Jarvis who is pee poor but somehow is scoring goals at the moment. On the bench is fat, old and past it ex-palace Scowcroft and our new cult hero, Jon Tehoue who is a french battering ram. Love it.

I'm gonna say 2-1 Orient (Thornton and Jarvis for us, Dickinson for you), but in truth I have no clue whatsoever. Good luck for the rest of season (beyond tomorrow obviously), L1 would be a poorer place without you!

CamdenO :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Dickinson? Score? Don't be silly!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Opposition fans always seem to rate Cox.

It's coz he's one of those novelty players being so small and energetic. They'll always notice his good points in a "Oh look! That little player just hit a cracking long pass. Wouldn't have expected that from him" fashion, and ignore most mistakes he makes.

He probably won't be playing tomorrow.

I expect Thornton to cut us open a bit. Up against a creative and intelligent midfielder who finds space well our midfield struggles. If Navarro plays and shows his recent form that may be different.

I think we'll see some good football from both sides. Was impressed by you against Charlton and we've been playing some decent stuff away from home. Should be a good game.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
how do you rate us as away fans? noise , singing , banter etc. i always think we put on a good show at brisbane rd and its one of my fave away days

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I've been a few times to Orient and it is a top day out - even last year when we lost had a great time. Great post.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nice preview CamdenO. I have a feeling that Orient regard this fixture as a derby more than we do, there does seem to be some genuine ill feeling towards us from some of your supporters. I suspect that it stems from our continual baiting of McGleash, given his iconic status at Orient. He has had abuse from us since the 4-4 game at whatever club he's been at, the abuse is personal and doesn't reflect our feelings towards your club (certainly on my part anyway).

Personally I quite admire your fans, supporting Orient with teams like Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham on your doorstep takes real loyalty. A trip to Brisbane Road is always to be looked forward to. Good luck for the rest of the season.

El.

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
I expect Thornton to cut us open a bit. Up against a creative and intelligent midfielder who finds space well our midfield struggles

Yep, good player. Hasnt really been in form but in the last three games has three assists from absolutely sublime balls in to the box. Likes the sauce though, we always think its vodka in his waterbottle!

how do you rate us as away fans? noise , singing , banter etc. i always think we put on a good show at brisbane rd and its one of my fave away days

Erm, you've always sounded good, and certainly made your dislike of Scotty known every time :down: At the Withdean its hard to hear most of you for obvious reasons!

Personally I quite admire your fans, supporting Orient with teams like Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham on your doorstep takes real loyalty

Yep, this is the point. People have a go for our crap support but this is the real reason. All three of the above clubs are under 4 miles away from Brisbane Road. I met an Arsenal fan at the Bristol game who had been a Gunners season ticket holder for 20 years but couldnt afford it really and he'd also lost love with the premiership, so he has been to the last 2 or 3 home games and told me he wants to go to some aways too! That was so heartwarming to hear to be honest, cos cases like that are such a rarity.

So who are your best players to watch out for tomorrow? I've always rated McNulty.....

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
So who are your best players to watch out for tomorrow? I've always rated McNulty.....

Jimmy Mac probably won't play.

Murray scores alot of goals away from home and Alan Navarro is getting better every game, i reckon they will both score tomorrow :clap:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Always a good day out, because we always seem to take many fans up there.

Even though I've developed proper food poisoning in Leyton after a game.

On the positive side I did have a fortnight off work.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The flats in the corners are hilarious.

I remember two or three years back, one of the flats had the curtains open and there was a couple inside clearly having a massive barney.

Much more entertaining than the game it was.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Opposition fans always seem to rate Cox.

It's coz he's one of those novelty players being so small and energetic. They'll always notice his good points in a "Oh look! That little player just hit a cracking long pass. Wouldn't have expected that from him" fashion, and ignore most mistakes he makes.

He probably won't be playing tomorrow.

I expect Thornton to cut us open a bit. Up against a creative and intelligent midfielder who finds space well our midfield struggles. If Navarro plays and shows his recent form that may be different.

I think we'll see some good football from both sides. Was impressed by you against Charlton and we've been playing some decent stuff away from home. Should be a good game.

you have summed that up perfectly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I miss the terraces, particularly the one along the front of that stand we're in... Bribane Road used to look like a proper stadium then, seems so much smaller now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh and I've never heard the 4-4 game called the battle of the Goldstone but I'll never forget it. Does it live long in orient fans' memories too? How many of them were there?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I met an Arsenal fan at the Bristol game who had been a Gunners season ticket holder for 20 years but couldnt afford it really and he'd also lost love with the premiership, so he has been to the last 2 or 3 home games and told me he wants to go to some aways too! That was so heartwarming to hear to be honest, cos cases like that are such a rarity.
You say it's a rarity but I know quite a lot of Premiership fans who are getting pissed off with the Premiership for various reasons - price, predictability etc and a lot are coming back to support us "smaller" clubs which is good to see.

I am hoping we win tomorrow but games against your lot are always full of atmosphere anyway. Good luck (after Saturday) for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here