Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

902 Roll of Honour

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Stewards were fantastic. Friendly, let us stand and were generally nice people. Not a bad view either:
421948_10151315109388269_381580566_n.jpeg

kjgood

I was one of 3 unsung heroes who made the massive trip to cardiff!! the other 2 being the one and only Mr cunning fergus :clap: :bowdown: a certain unknown guy on here called Bozza (whoever he is :shrug: ) and at half time I had the pleasure of edna krabappel :love:

Great result! Great away crowd! and a Great night!! :clap: to everyone who could attend :clap:

me and mrs me were also there and we had an even shorter drive than hitony

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Hostile? I never thought I'd say this, but the Cardiff City Stadium has got to be the friendliest ground I've ever visited. All the supporters we spoke to were keen to chat (and were quite humble about their position at the top of the league), and the stewards were absolutely different class. Every one I encountered greeted us warmly, and the main man in the away end was an absolute diamond, clearly a lifelong City supporter who just wanted to help anybody who needed it. He kept telling us what a great atmosphere it was in our end, particularly compared to when Bristol City turned up last weekend.

When somebody, who shall remain nameless, managed to lose his match ticket somewhere between the purchase window and KFC, we fully expected him to have to pay another £31 for a new one, as it was entirely his fault. Wouldn't have blamed anybody if he had. Not so: after explaining the situation to two City stewards, they not only believed him but displayed the initiative and willing to take him to the ticket office and arrange for a replacement, free of charge. Fantastic people.

I never went to Ninian Park, and perhaps there are City fans who get misty eyed for the more hostile surroundings there. But City deserve the highest praise for treating away supporters like human beings, and not animals.

Now Blackburn, on a Tuesday night in the snow recently, that was hostile. Grumpy staff, racist and homophobic fans, horrible town. I know where I'd rather be.

Very much in agreement with all of this.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I was there. As others have said, not sure it was too heroic though - lovely city, friendly stewards and pleasant away fans for the most part. One of the most enjoyable away trips I've been on for quite a while.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Me and [MENTION=10008]Giraffe's Son[/MENTION] made up the two of the 902. Bloody marvellous half term trip.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I was there. Backs to the wall stuff for the most part but what a relief when that second went in deep into injury time

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Anyone who has been pelted by coins at Ninian Park would really struggle to recognise the new place across the road. Friendly and welcoming, a recommended away trip

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wasn't there but credit to those heroes who made the trip to a hostile Cardiff on a very cold February Tuesday night.

Post your name here and receive the NSC immortality you deserve.

:bowdown:

Heroes?

They went to a football match, not to fight the f***ing Battle of Britain.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like to nominate ABD for Cringiest post of the year. May be only February but I can't see it being beaten.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Cardiff at Ninen Park was a lot different. I found the whole stadium atmosphere very sterile yesterday. The Cardiff fans I met seemed more concerned and embarrassed that they had turned red then who they were playing against, friendly enough bunch!

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
Actually there were 4 of us that I spotted in the Cardiff main stand, so the away following was at least 906! Great night, loved watching the away end going mental when the second goal went it. Bring on the Burnley - can't wait!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Cardiff stews & staff were great, well kitted out as well :)
image.jpg

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I would like to nominate ABD for Cringiest post of the year. May be only February but I can't see it being beaten.

Thank you. It's so nice just to be nominated, there are so many other great contenders I'm just honoured to be mentioned in the same breath.

I'd like to thank my friends, family and Bozza for making it all possible.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Thank you. It's so nice just to be nominated, there are so many other great contenders I'm just honoured to be mentioned in the same breath.

I'd like to thank my friends, family and Bozza for making it all possible.

Get some ideas from the Brits tonight, for your end of year acceptance speech :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here