Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thats funny because instead of diminishing the existing squad of 24 (or 26 etc) have boosted their chances of automatic promotio virtually every single week since we lost to Rotherham on Jan 12, nearly 10 weeks ago.

At the moment but we are entering the last furlong dependent on 1 result at home to Burnley.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At the moment but we are entering the last furlong dependent on 1 result at home to Burnley.

the last furlong and how we end up doing is dependent on 8 results not 1 - so arguably winnable games v Brum, QPR, Charlton, Fulham, Forest as well as those tough games on paper v the top 6 (Burnley, Derby, Boro) .
Bit rash to say everything is dependent on the home match next week. And equally rash to dismiss the form of a team with 8 wins and 1 defeat in 12 as bound to now recede in the remaining 8 games because we couldn't land Glenn Murray or as you put it "made a mistake", "diminished" our chances of automatic all because the club haven't "learnt anything", were "reluctant to spend" and are trying to get promoted "on the cheap".

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton said: "You have a responsibility to get the squad to the best level you can. That's why there is always an interest when something could happen, but it's always very difficult.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I reckon our results away at Brum and Forest could be the most crucial. Drawing, even losing at home to Burnley might not be critical but winning those 2 could put us in pole position, with hopefully nothing to play for at Boro

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton's full quote via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/143...cy_loan_transfer_window_shuts_with_a_whimper/

"You have a responsibility to get the squad to the best level you can. That's why there is always an interest when something could happen, but it's always very difficult.
"If I look at the acquisitions we made in January, I'm delighted with where we are at this stage.
"Sometimes it gives you a little bit of clarity once the window closes.
"Everyone knows what they are fighting for and everybody knows what we've got."

Naylor points out that only Birmingham did striker business signing Kyle Lafferty from Norwich
He's played only 3 times (from the bench) this season. Leeds were after him in January but it didn't happen.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35895400

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My daughter is called Kayla.

Given the number of users on here, I thought there'd be a good statistical chance that at least one NSCer would have a daughter called Kayla as I was writing it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Given the number of users on here, I thought there'd be a good statistical chance that at least one NSCer would have a daughter called Kayla as I was writing it.

Apology accepted :thumbsup:

PS She's not really and I made it up :lol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I lost days on the Bolanos and the other Boca Jnr bloke I've already forgotten the name of, but not once did I think we'd sign another loan striker. It just didn't make sense.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
My son and 3 friends were with Glenn Murray this afternoon for a kids coaching 1 off after school.
My wife asked him straight out in her cheeky manner, 'so, when are you coming to Bhafc?'
He looked her straight in the eye and laughed in a non revealing way....
They all went to Nandos afterwards, only for Glenn to walk through the door 10 minutes later... The Mrs Made him laugh as she said to him 'it's ok, I know the deadline has passed, I won't ask you again.'.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Isn't Murray with the Bournemouth squad in Dubai ?
if not. - why didn't they take him ?

No, he isn't.
He was at Blatchington Mill School for a Charity football event for kids this afternoon.
I'm guessing Eddie isn't impressed that he is up for coming back to us...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here