Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No further news or rumours on this at the moment and time is running out
We're going ok though, right? Don't you think there'd be a danger that a loan signing would upset the apple cart?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No I dont. I have leanrt from the Bong/Rosenior scenario it seems the club havent.
What have you learnt from the Bong/Rosenior scenario (I don't know what that is)?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simple that in the event of an injury or red card we are very thin on the ground and at the moment 2 of our strikers are on the injured list albeit short term and could be ok for Burnley but what after Burnley and the deadline.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Oh excellent. The traditional assumption from BG that the club arent trying or considering options and are just complacent that all will be ok. Im convinced you want us to miss out so you can say told you so

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Simple that in the event of an injury or red card we are very thin on the ground and at the moment 2 of our strikers are on the injured list albeit short term and could be ok for Burnley but what after Burnley and the deadline.
I think that 2 players per position is fairly standard for any squad, particularly with versatile players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most clubs opt for 2 i every position but 4 strikers which we have but 3 are injury prone and not fully recovered so I would say at the moment our needs are exceptional.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Most clubs opt for 2 i every position but 4 strikers which we have but 3 are injury prone and not fully recovered so I would say at the moment our needs are exceptional.

When you say "injury prone"- you mean we have players who have been injured. Is Wilson or Baldock over their long and/or short careers any more injury prone than anyone else ?
Hemed is virtually an ever present this season and Zamora , despite everything, has made 26 appearances this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When you say "injury prone"- you mean we have players who have been injured. Is Wilson or Baldock over their long and/or short careers any more injury prone than anyone else ?
Hemed is virtually an ever present this season and Zamora , despite everything, has made 26 appearances this season.

And this ignores that both Skalak and Murphy have experience in a central striker role.

(I'd still take Murray if it were a possibility, though...)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And this ignores that both Skalak and Murphy have experience in a central striker role.

(I'd still take Murray if it were a possibility, though...)

To HAVE to play them there is not ideal. How many games do we finish without a striker coming off with a slight knock or as a precaution. It is a known fact BZ cannot do 90 mins so in our position now I would say to bring in another striker on loan is both sensible and logical. There is a lost at stake that could be lost.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think we are doing very well as we are.

My feelings have changed slightly since starting the thread, but I'd be very happy to keep the same team for the remaining games.

HOWEVER, if Hemed got injured, I think we'd be Turkey.
I don't think that Baldock, Murphy, Skalak, Wilson & Zamora are able to take Hemed's place if required.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't care what arguments any of you choose to use, I have my fingers in my ears. I think we need Murray to give us the forward option that will see us over the line, he is better than any of the strikers we have and is also very useful when defending free kicks and corners. Fingers crossed here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't care what arguments any of you choose to use, I have my fingers in my ears. I think we need Murray to give us the forward option that will see us over the line, he is better than any of the strikers we have and is also very useful when defending free kicks and corners. Fingers crossed here.

I do care about other posters' arguments but agree Muzza (or equivalent) is a 'no-brainer'... get him in...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I do care about other posters' arguments but agree Muzza (or equivalent) is a 'no-brainer'... get him in...

But it seems that Bournemouth want to keep him as back up for their run in - he is in their 25 man squad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Birmingham were trying to sign Kyle Lafferty on loan but told today he is going to Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:
They must be able to field a whole team of strikers by now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here