Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9/11 phone calls.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Ridiculous statement there is no way that you could predict how you would react in that situation.

No i know, i agree, i would possibly do the same, or something different.

But in hindsight, it wasn't the right thing to do, she was safer where she was.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
No offence but, that girl was irrational in being hysterical and running out.

That's plain crap. No-one knew whether planes / bombs were going to hit the whole city. Last place you'd want to be is on the 35th floor when you've just seen 2 planes crash into skyscrapers.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Chillllllll!!

But if she was on the 35th floor then fine.

But what difference would it make if they ran out of their houses, or stayed inside, if the bombs hit the whole city ???

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
Without dirgressing from the tragidy which is 911 and from that which touch all our hearts. There is more to it than meets the eye.

RIP all those who died.

oh i guess you know about some conspiracy theory or are you just trolling .

also just seen the bastards who have been found guilty of our "9 11" planned to blow up at least 7 jets , what is it with these sick fucks

1066gull

I no I am changing the subject but I was too young to understand the economy back then, but wasn't the car markets struggling dearly so much that soon after 9/11, Bush encouraged all Americans to buy new cars to keep the economy going and not let the terrorists win by grinding America to a halt?

I somehow see 9/11 as prolonging the prosperity for several more years before the inevitable of market crashes had to happen. If 9/11 never had happened, would the recession have come sooner and be over far quicker than now?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be honest, I remember the teacher being told about this. I was in history (no, really, I was!) at the time of the attacks and our head teacher called her out of the class with all the other teachers in the hall and told them all. She came back in our classroom absolutely white as a sheet and literally said nothing for the rest of the class. We just read in silence pretty much after that, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I don't know, I didn't have any idea the magnitude of what had happened. Only the next day when I was delivering newspapers and saw the picture on the cover of the Sun, did I realise what a massive event this was.

I no I am changing the subject but I was too young to understand the economy back then, but wasn't the car markets struggling dearly so much that soon after 9/11, Bush encouraged all Americans to buy new cars to keep the economy going and not let the terrorists win by grinding America to a halt?

I somehow see 9/11 as prolonging the prosperity for several more years before the inevitable of market crashes had to happen. If 9/11 never had happened, would the recession have come sooner and be over far quicker than now?

Look pal, if you want to talk conspiracies, then I'm your man having watched every video and bought every book (if you want to buy them, I'll do you a deal! :thumbsup: ) and have several conspiracies DVDs. But this is NOT the place to discuss them. Not at all appropriate.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Look pal, if you want to talk conspiracies, then I'm your man having watched every video and bought every book (if you want to buy them, I'll do you a deal! :thumbsup: ) and have several conspiracies DVDs. But this is NOT the place to discuss them. Not at all appropriate.

well said

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Imperialism has it's price Mike? Would you care to explain that futher? For now I will reserve judgement and try not to jump to the obvious conclusion about you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here