Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 9/11 - BBC1 doc just started

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There was a superb BBC doc about this particular conspiracy theory ages ago; I vividly remember them describing how 30 tons of aluminium from the planes' hulls and water, behave. A quick google brings up this:

"Both scientific experiments and 250 reported disasters suffered by the aluminium industry have shown that the combination of molten aluminium and water releases enormous explosions".

Occam's Razor indeed.

https://www.history.co.uk/article/the-biggest-911-conspiracy-theories-debunked

Independent eye witnesses saw flows of molten metal at 9/11, now realised to be aluminium.

Thank God there’s film aplenty of the planes. Could you imagine the hysterical myths denying even that, if there hadn’t been. A small army of liars sitting in underpants at laptops across the Mid West would’ve made even capital out of a tragedy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You know the score by now, Blair/Bush/Kissinger/Haile Sellasie/George Clooney/HM Queen blew up the twin towers, carefully demolished so that they collapsed inwards. To get their hands on Afgan oil :dunce:.

A bloke on youtube proved it, probably sporting a ZZ Top type beard and a sunburnt back of neck.

I thought as much.

So where does Hillary and the satanist paedophiles fit in?

I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave that one there.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Interesting article here.
https://ukdiss.com/examples/world-trade-center-failure-mechanisms.php

The other fires didn’t not receive the huge impact of jetliners travelling at 500mph with a full load of fuel.

We know the twin towers didn’t have the strength of the traditional skyscraper steel frame. Plus the use of much aluminium which has a far lower melting point of 660C.

Again. Thank's for posting. But, it still doesn't answer my building 7 questions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd get it if all three were hit by aircraft. But building 7? It niggles me.

It had had two enormous structures collapse in close proximity though, which must have been something not dissimilar to a fairly hefty earthquake striking a building which would never have been built to withstand earthquakes

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Speaking of conspiracy theory morons .. I hope all those who gave a thumbs up to the view that invading Afghanistan was all about feeding the US military industrial complex thirst for $$$$$ (on another thread) watched this.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was nearly 26 at the time. I was sleeping off the back of a night shift (I was a 999/101 call taker for Sussex Police) when my dad phoned me up and said about the first plane. I turned the TV on and within a few mins watched the second plane hit. Very chilling.

I was due back at work for 10pm that night but about 5 mins after the second plane went down, work called me in to start at 4pm as they couldn’t cope with the amount of calls coming into Sussex Police about it. Mostly manifest enquiries and whether a loved one’s plane was still in the air - we couldn’t answer any of those questions, but it didn’t stop the calls.
Normally we’d take 1500 calls a day on average back then, but the day rate for this event shot up to 3600, and I ended up working a 21 hour shift, primarily batting off those extra calls.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Interesting comment on the first video about NIST not be truthful in the report of WTC7, after a FOIA was requested in 2012.

That can't be true?

9cbe29901db3639e3e50b363e3d94e  84.jpg
Given the commenter clearly doesn't even know how to spell "shear", I wouldn't put too much weight to their comment...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I watched this BBC doc the other night. Fascinating to see the inside track of what was going on in the US administration during those harrowing events, seeing it all documented.

National Geographic is currently airing "9/11: One Day in America". I've just watched the first of 6 episodes of the events of that day, and I can honestly say, I've never seen anything like it. Footage I've never seen before, with interviews from firemen and survivors interlaced with truly devastating footage. It had me welling up.

A warning though - it spares you nothing. Most of this you will never have seen on the news. The dreadful reality of that day is laid bare, primarily through the eyes of those heroic firemen. Amongst the carnage, you can only be left dumbstruck at their bravery. You know you are watching ghosts, its deeply affecting.

Me and Mrs JTM just watched episode one.
You’re right - a truly astonishing and heartbreaking 80 minutes to television.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There was a superb BBC doc about this particular conspiracy theory ages ago; I vividly remember them describing how 30 tons of aluminium from the planes' hulls and water, behave. A quick google brings up this:

"Both scientific experiments and 250 reported disasters suffered by the aluminium industry have shown that the combination of molten aluminium and water releases enormous explosions".

Occam's Razor indeed.

I don’t know a huge amount about the Twin Towers attack, only about the same as the average Joe, however, I did have an interest in the Falklands war.
The RN ships that were hit by multiple bombs or Exocets were pretty evenly divided in age. The older ships,all survived, the newer ships didn’t. HMS Sheffield, Coventry,Ardent and Antelope all had one thing in common. A large amount of aluminium was used in their construction, as a way of cutting the cost of building them.

I did a firefighting course about six months prior to the war, and one of the instructors was very scathing about the use of so much aluminium in ship construction because it burns. When aluminium burns , it produces is own oxygen as a by product. This makes it extremely difficult to extinguish in any setting where you can’t use thousands of gallons of water.

Without exception, the steel constructed ships survived, HNS Glamorgan was even hit with an Exocet but, because she wasn’t built from aluminium, she survived.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Occam's Razor indeed.

An interesting read that refuted the various theories, I feel though the phrases of “crackpots and crackheads” at the end, was out of pure frustration on the authors part!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Had always wondered on the terrorists part whether they had actually calculated that both towers would have collapsed on impact or simply by chance (on their part)

Both plans crashed into the towers at relatively the same height (allowing for the NY skyline) but was this by design or coincidence / availability, ease?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes - I was amazed by the calibre of contributors they secured. Normally it is marginal players looking for a pay day but with limited knowledge of events. The fact they managed to get detailed interviews with the former President plus heads of his security detail and CIA folk and the White House ops team etc is huge kudos and gave a fascinating perspective on events and our modern history.
Just watched the wrong one and only realised halfway through having read your post a few days ago - anyway ‘surviving 9/11’ is also very good and sad at the same time.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just watched the wrong one and only realised halfway through having read your post a few days ago - anyway ‘surviving 9/11’ is also very good and sad at the same time.

That watch wasn’t wasted because it enriches and sets the scene for the other documentary.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That watch wasn’t wasted because it enriches and sets the scene for the other documentary.

Just finished the other - happy to admit I don’t really know much about politics or history but that was a powerful insight.

Incidentally, I was at school and remember our history teacher just putting the news on for our whole lesson. That evening, I went to my first ever BHA game at Withdean v Southampton (and was hooked - having gone to the Goldstone many times but only as a kid). Still can’t believe the game went ahead though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here