Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 8pm (9pm local time) on a Sunday night is a RUBBISH time for a major European final to kick off

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
maybe being whooshed here, but isnt the UK the one out of step with the rest of Europe with regard to kick off times generally. Sunday evenings are the "normal" time arent they, with our Sat 3pm the exception?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
👍🏻 So does your Prime Minister.

Depending on perspective he's been on the wrong side of it for a long time.
uh?

’My‘ Prime Minister?

Sorry, you have lost me there.

I thought you were from Bexhill - is that an independent State?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yep, agree it is late (goodness, especially if it goes to extra time) I suspect many people will be celebrating until the early hours if we win. Southgate has a responsibility to keep us all awake with scintillating football.

Btw - Has anyone considered that a late fixture could actually help us win?

“German laws prohibit Under-18s from working past 11pm on a Sunday, meaning Lamal will be breaking some serious rules should he still be on the pitch for an extra 30 minutes. The Sun reveal Spain would either have to sub the young star or face a €30,000 (£25k/$32k) fine.”

Oooops 🙂

I thought under 18's couldn't work at all on Sundays in Germany.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
maybe being whooshed here, but isnt the UK the one out of step with the rest of Europe with regard to kick off times generally. Sunday evenings are the "normal" time arent they, with our Sat 3pm the exception?

The Italians and the Spanish love a late Sunday evening kick off. Presumably, so you can go to grandma's for lunch and there's time for a nap before the match.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Problem is for the actual supporters attending. After Schalke won the cup in Berlin I only managed to get back to my accommodation at 00.30 (20.00 kick off) which sort of takes away part of the pleasure of winning a trophy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought under 18's couldn't work at all on Sundays in Germany.

87651635.u4a634xC.jpg

:wink:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't know what people are moaning about, it'll be all over by half time....21.30 bed time for kids and old people :shrug:
If by chance I have miscalculated this happening, I don't work any more so it doesn't affect me(something, something, selfish):thumbsup:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
But in parts of Europe they tend to go out later than us anyway. When I lived in Holland, their Happy Hour in the pubs designed to get people out 'early' was 8pm or even 9pm- absolutely perfect for us!
Here in Spain our happy hour will be 10-11pm so just after half time 🍻

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
All irrelevant to me if this train I’m sat on which hasn’t moved for half an hour doesn’t get me to Milton Keynes on time. (The only time I’ve ever wanted to get to Milton Keynes)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here