Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 8pm (9pm local time) on a Sunday night is a RUBBISH time for a major European final to kick off

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is ridiculous, 2pm on a Saturday afternoon would have greatly increased worldwide veiwing.
Most people off on Sunday and still at a watchable time in other countries.
I won't be up at 3am for it, I did think about it, but have to work on Monday.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Far east television schedules?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t help feeling 5pm would have been so much better. UEFA really are a bunch of bellends at times.

“Grrrrrrr” doesn’t even really begin to cover it
First world problems.

And some bugger has let my coffee get cool. Not cold, just cool.

It. Is. A. Disgrace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, really annoying in my book now I am middle-aged. Maybe that's the root of the 'problem'? :ROFLMAO:
Wait till you get to my age. Cool coffee, the lawn slightly the wrong shad of green. It's f***ing diabolical.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can’t help feeling 5pm would have been so much better. UEFA really are a bunch of bellends at times.

“Grrrrrrr” doesn’t even really begin to cover it
Maybe they´re worried about a possible clash with the tennis? 3pm start local time could last 4 hrs?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Maybe they´re worried about a possible clash with the tennis? 3pm start local time could last 4 hrs?
Agreed, I 100% want to watch the tennis first, the Euro final can wait until it’s finished if it goes to 5 sets :thumbsup:

Some food between the two will be ideal

Come on Alcaraz and come on England

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Too right, an earlier kick off means that the teachers and pupils can forgo a late start on Monday, and actually get to school on time rather than 10.30 or whatever late start has been given.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, it’s daft. Saturday night or Sunday afternoon would have been fine. 3pn Saturday obviously preferable

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yep, agree it is late (goodness, especially if it goes to extra time) I suspect many people will be celebrating until the early hours if we win. Southgate has a responsibility to keep us all awake with scintillating football.

Btw - Has anyone considered that a late fixture could actually help us win?

“German laws prohibit Under-18s from working past 11pm on a Sunday, meaning Lamal will be breaking some serious rules should he still be on the pitch for an extra 30 minutes. The Sun reveal Spain would either have to sub the young star or face a €30,000 (£25k/$32k) fine.”

Oooops 🙂

It that was in any way applicable and without an exception? Does anyone think Spain would sub him off, possibly with more energy than other outfied players due his age, rather than pay a measly 30k with a potential euro trophy 30mins away.

The Spain fans in stadium could have a whip round and raise that in 5 mins!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yep, really annoying in my book now I am middle-aged. Maybe that's the root of the 'problem'? :ROFLMAO:
But it's not good for anyone. Middle aged ,old- too late for a Sunday.
Kids- can't really stay up that late on a Sunday
teenagers/young adults- will have to ring in with "COVID/ stomach bug" in the morning and their boss buys it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Euros and World Cup finals have been on Sundays since the 70s at least. And European finals have been at 8pm BST for decades. The Wembley final was 8pm Sunday.
Might be ridiculous but we’ve probably never worried about it that much cos it’s never really been our concern.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But it's not good for anyone. Middle aged ,old- too late for a Sunday.
Kids- can't really stay up that late on a Sunday
teenagers/young adults- will have to ring in with "COVID/ stomach bug" in the morning and their boss buys it.
Yup. And whilst I am a deadly-dull non-drinker these days so it doesn’t affect me, it’s hardly optimal for anyone who enjoys a few beers with the match and has to drive Monday morning.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Something to moan about before the game even starts, classic NSC 👍

I wonder if this moan will continue tomorrow should we win, if we don’t I imagine the kick off time will be the least of the aftermath whinging.

I am currently abroad and old so kick off is not until 9 for me :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here