Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

85 minutes

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I stopped leaving early last season, deciding to walk home instead of using the park and ride, so I don't have to worry about queues.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think anyone who leaves prior to the FINAL whistle at Withdean this season should have their names , addresses and seat details etc taken down by the stewards.

Then be BANNED from the ramp up and first few games at Falmer to ensure they don't bugger vital logistical information.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
But, this time next year... What's it to be?

1 Go down to a concourse bar to watch the match highlights and the other scores coming in, while enjoying a freshly cooked pie/plate of sushi, washed down with a pint of Harveys/bottle of Chablis?

2 Saunter along to the supporters' bar for some serious refreshment and to talk about the game with your mates?

3 Nip up to one of the restaurants for a proper meal with the family?

4 Take a short walk down to the Swan, for something more traditional?

OR

5 Leave before the final whistle, as usual, only to miss a last-minute goal and then wait half an hour in the rain for a park-and-ride bus, or a train from a jam-packed Falmer Station?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
given the frequency with which Brighton games seem to go on for 5 mins stoppage, that 10 minutes game they are losing. after the Swindon playoff i will never ever leave a game early, you just dont know what you'll miss. so what theres a few queues, factor that in. its only going to get worse at Falmer so i hope people see sence and accept getting out/home is going to take 20-30 minutes.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
:dunce:The ques for the bus's will seem a dream to the ques for the falmer trains , fans will be hopping off at half time

Which is why the club need to put up big screens in the concourse areas so people can watch final score with a pint/cuppa before heading for home, thus easing pressure on transport away from the ground. This will also add to the matchday experience and bring in vital revenue.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Which is why the club need to put up big screens in the concourse areas so people can watch final score with a pint/cuppa before heading for home, thus easing pressure on transport away from the ground. This will also add to the matchday experience and bring in vital revenue.

This:thumbsup:

The WORST thing about going to football - especially away matches - is the requirement to turn up at least TWO HOURS before kick-off and then while away the time consuming large quantities of unnecessary refreshments.

Sort it out, Bloom!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
ive never left early and never will, i think the best case of not leaving early was when Virgo scored against Swindon, people were on the buses waiting to go :laugh: wankers

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
It is a problem especially when they linger on the steps and block your view, I would be happy to stay but my old mum sits with me and shes worried about getting knocked under the bridge as it gets very tight there.
Cannot understand when its close when people leave early, suggest shooting any leavers that would certainly stop any early leavers.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Reminds me of a story about the Swindon play-off game, when somebody I used to work with decided they'd had enough and left five minutes early, got to the gate, heard the cheers but for some reason thought Swindon had scored again so continued walking towards the park and ride buses. There they were informed by the bus driver that the match was going to penalties and no he wasn't going to take a bus with five people back to Mill Road so they'd have to wait until he was full. Which ended up being another half an hour with them sitting on the bus and missing the excitement of the penalties.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Acker , i fully understand people catch buses ect and feel the need to be on the 1st bus home but seriously we get crowds of 6-7k ,if that statistic follows over to Falmer everybody will be off home on 70 minutes in time to catch the final few minutes of the game on the radio, its probably just me that cant comprehend paying all that cash for a ticket and then buggering off early . just seems odd to me ,god knows what the players think when they see people streaming out when they are actually winning. :shrug:

We don't all start streaming out of away matches early because our fans have a long drive ahead of them or something similar to make them leave.

What real difference does having to stand a few extra minutes in a queue for the bus really make.

No wonder we seem to do fairly badly in the last few minutes as it must be a massive distraction to players and must feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you have paid your £25 and want to leave early, whats the problem?

To spin that around. If you've paid £25 and it's an issue, wouldn't you want to get full value and stay until the final whistle ?

It is of course everyone's free choice to leave when they like, but if it's just for the sake of saving 10 mins to half hour at the end of a game, what do those people do in the time they've 'saved' I wonder ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here