Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

85 minutes

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What happens at this minute at withdean that causes thousands of people to leave their seats and head for the exit ? i could understand it if we are getting walloped or its hissing down perhaps , or even if we had huge attendences ,but we dont and it must be odd for players to see streams of people leaving the ground whilst they are winning on a beautiful day in august, Poyet was practicly begging people to stay in their seats ,to no avail . By the time the whistle blew the stands were half empty and the look of disbelief on Poyets face as he turned round said it all.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
About 5 mins tends to be an ok time to linger on the running track as you slowly make your way out. If you're not on the track at the full time whistle, you are likely to be caught in the ground for at least ten minutes, then when you get down for the park and ride/buses/trains you're caught up with the queues. If you leave 5 minutes early you get a head start and can avoid hanging around because the bus is full etc.

It's the same reason people head to the burger stands/loos 5 minutes before half-time. Beat the queues.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Well, it's a long trail of things.

1. I drink lots of alcholic beverages before the match.
2. I go for a wee prior to kick off.
3. I go for a wee at half time.
4. Come the 85th minute, I'm usually dying for another wee.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
The cocks in front of me left as soon as Painters goal went in which was about the 80th minute?
Was quite glad really the three stooges obviously thought they could do a far superior job to Gus & i hope never to see mr 'I paid £25 for this shit' at a Brighton game again

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Acker , i fully understand people catch buses ect and feel the need to be on the 1st bus home but seriously we get crowds of 6-7k ,if that statistic follows over to Falmer everybody will be off home on 70 minutes in time to catch the final few minutes of the game on the radio, its probably just me that cant comprehend paying all that cash for a ticket and then buggering off early . just seems odd to me ,god knows what the players think when they see people streaming out when they are actually winning. :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
:dunce:The ques for the bus's will seem a dream to the ques for the falmer trains , fans will be hopping off at half time

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Acker , i fully understand people catch buses ect and feel the need to be on the 1st bus home but seriously we get crowds of 6-7k ,if that statistic follows over to Falmer everybody will be off home on 70 minutes in time to catch the final few minutes of the game on the radio, its probably just me that cant comprehend paying all that cash for a ticket and then buggering off early . just seems odd to me ,god knows what the players think when they see people streaming out when they are actually winning. :shrug:

I tell you what they'll think: EXACTLY the same as we do re queues etc. Some people seem to think they aren't human..they think just like us.

Also, for 4000 people to get out of the South Stand entrance is very slow.

(Personally, I never leave early).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think it quite obviously it can make a huge difference to the time it takes to get out.

You always spot the grounds with "transport issues" where hundreds spill out before the final whistle.

I rarely leave before the end of a game, but I do leg it at the first possible moment.

I hate that thing at away grounds when you see the crowd streaming out and you wonder whether they know something you don't...

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I live north of London and travel by train. I like to catch the 17.25 train when the ko is 15.00 and the 21.55 train when the ko is 19.45. Hence I leave my seat early for an evening game but not for an afternoon ko. I'm sorry to all the people I annoy but I'm still not home before midnight.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Well, it's a long trail of things.

1. I drink lots of alcholic beverages before the match.
2. I go for a wee prior to kick off.
3. I go for a wee at half time.
4. Come the 85th minute, I'm usually dying for another wee.

Succinct and to the point. :drink:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
1.The poorly organised park and ride - after the Rochdale match, I had to wait for 25 minutes after the match before I could get a bus

2. The poorly organised rail travel - it's a lottery and I hate it

3. People hate queuing

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
What happens at this minute at withdean that causes thousands of people to leave their seats and head for the exit ? i could understand it if we are getting walloped or its hissing down perhaps , or even if we had huge attendences ,but we dont and it must be odd for players to see streams of people leaving the ground whilst they are winning on a beautiful day in august, Poyet was practicly begging people to stay in their seats ,to no avail . By the time the whistle blew the stands were half empty and the look of disbelief on Poyets face as he turned round said it all.

Often wondered if all the movement with everyone milling around on the running track distracts the players, could be a reason for the regular late goals we concede. People leaving early should be made to leave from the rear of he south stand, (although I'm not sure if that's possible from blocks from the western end of the south) If you couldnt hang around at the front watching the game, I suspect a lot of people would wait til the end.

At least at Falmer there will be no standing at the front of stands, but I expect some people will still leave early to avoid the queues. Personally, I can't see the point of rushing to get an early bus or train, particularly on Saturdays, (evening games are a bit different if you have a distance to travel) surely getting the home half an hour or so later really doesn't matter to anyone. Just be patient and relax!

brightonbc

Sep 2, 2006
portslade
Right i tend to leave when the board goes up for injury time if we are winning, losing or drawing. Reason for this is im in H block, if i was to stay in my seat till full time it makes a difference of about 15mins to get out. I have with me my 8 year old son and every home game i either leave my 2 small daughters with my mum or auntie, hence why im in a rush to get back. Whats the problem with people going early, if the supporters have paid their money its up to them

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I never leave early if im getting the park and ride bus although I will make an exception if i'm getting the train (oh and 1 occasion when I had a family event to get to). I don't see the point in paying the money to support the team and leaving before the end. I just tell myself before hand that it will be 5:30 before i'm back at the car and don't stress about it then most weeks im plesently suprised. Although if you have small children I can understand not wanting to be in that lump of people coming out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I live north of London and travel by train. I like to catch the 17.25 train when the ko is 15.00 and the 21.55 train when the ko is 19.45. Hence I leave my seat early for an evening game but not for an afternoon ko. I'm sorry to all the people I annoy but I'm still not home before midnight.

When was the last time a Brighton home game actually kicked off at 3.00pm?

Personally, I leave my seat when the board goes up and watch the final few minutes from the railings next to the end of the south stand.

I very much doubt the players are affected by people leaving the ground with a couple of minutes to go. They would be if this was happening just after half time though.

The earliest I have ever left a game was about 54 mins when the 5th goal was conceded by a pitiful Albion 11 against the Palarse.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I never, ever, leave a football match early - you never know what you might miss!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
my season ticket is at the back of 'H' block, if i stayed til the final whistle it would take at least 10 mins to get out of the ground and then a further 10 mins queueing for a bus, so i always leave about 3 mins from end make my way to the end of the running track and watch the rest from there.

I dont think it affects the players in a negative way, after all in the good old days of the goldstone, the fans were a lot closer to the players on the pitch the whole of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here