Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

83 !

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If our promotion rivals get 2 points a game for the rest of there games this is the most number of points any team will get.

Things are looking very good !

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
8 wins from our remaining 17 games to reach 83 points. Chuck in a couple of draws for good measure.

Means we can afford to lose SEVEN games between now and the end of the season.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If our promotion rivals get 2 points a game for the rest of there games this is the most number of points any team will get.

Things are looking very good !

What about averaging 2.5 point per game,which is not impossible towards the end of the season playing against teams with nothing to play for.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
What about averaging 2.5 point per game,which is not impossible towards the end of the season playing against teams with nothing to play for.

Yes 3 points a game is posible but saints etc have not achieved that all season ! there is also a large no. of games where the top 6/7 play each other. Even if one team gets more than 2pts a game I can't see several teams achieving this. (by the way we are heading for 90pts plus)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really think we are on a roll now and will only lose around two more games this season, my bold prediction is promotion will be sealed at Walsall away.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think we just need to pull through March top and we'll be fine.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
If SCC win all their games they will finish on 100 points.
If they get 2.5 points a game until the end of the season they will finish on 91.5 points (so Say 92 points).
To reach 92 points we will need 1.94 points per game or 11 wins from our remaining 17 games! (in effect this means we can still afford to lose 6 games!)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
A few weeks on and the stats remain the same - could be as little as 5 more wins now !

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
3 wins and relegation form of 1 point per game for the other 10 games would take us to 87 points. Should be enough to go up this year.

I was thinking about this earlier today.

The maximum Southampton can finish on is 97 points. Peterborough 95. Bournemouth 94.

The absolute maximum number of points we need to secure the title is 30; that's 10 wins from our remaining 13 games. Our current average of 2 points a game would take us to 94 points.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To add to this , the last 8 games have the teams in the top 7 averaging the following , (we are 2.37 for this period)

Bournemouth 1.87
Hudds 1.75
P'brough 2.12
Southampton 2.12
MK 1.87
Orient 2.25

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Another win should seal promotion I feel. 83 points MAY not be enough.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Quick count and:

If Huddersfield get 2 points a game until the end of the season they can finish on 84 points. At 2.5 points a game they can get 87.5 points. They can of course still get 91 points from winning every game.

If SCC get 2 points a game until the end of the season they can finish on 85 points. At 2.5 points a game they can get 90 points. They can still get 95 points from winning every game.

I'm still hoping to be champions before the SCC game!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Things have moved on a bit. I think Huddersfield can get 84 with 2pts a game, and Soton can get 85. I was looking at this today.

One more win should do it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Things have moved on a bit. I think Huddersfield can get 84 with 2pts a game, and Soton can get 85. I was looking at this today.

One more win should do it.

With so little games left, averaging out to 2 points a game is less and less meaningful (over a season yes, over 10 games, rather less) - SCC have the easiest run-in, and while I don't think they'll do it, could win all their remaining games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One win should do it.

We could probably totally self destruct and lose all our games but still go to Nottingham knowing a win would take us up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here