Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

80 loyalty points required for WH - have the club got this right?

80 points seems and odd figure - is that how many points you would have if you've bought one-off tickets to all Amex games so far? I'm nowhere near that as like a lot of others I've been using spare STs when mates can't go.

You could have 160pts if you'd been to all games so far and bought tickets via the club as opposed to POTG etc:
X5 home Ch'p games @ 10pts/game = 50pts
x3 Carling Cup games @ 20pts/game = 60pts
x5 away Ch'p games @ 10pts/game = 50pts

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You could have 160pts if you'd been to all games so far and bought tickets via the club as opposed to POTG etc:
And what kind of fan would go to all those games, yet not want a season ticket? (although I appreciate you may just be saying where the 80 comes from)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks. So 80 is half way, seems fair enough. I do think it's 'odd' that they picked West Ham though when it's on TV, I'm guessing that must be partly a security concern.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thanks. So 80 is half way, seems fair enough. I do think it's 'odd' that they picked West Ham though when it's on TV, I'm guessing that must be partly a security concern.

Loyal fans who go to matches wil not be bothered about tv, WH is a "big" game against Prem quality opposition.

The security part is the fact that unless you have a database history you cannot buy a ticket, even when they are on general release.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
same for Liverpool and Palace. seems the way the loyalty points are designed, you are loyal and front of the queue if you've been to every previous game, but miss a few and you are in the disloyal pen with the rest of the unwashed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And what kind of fan would go to all those games, yet not want a season ticket? (although I appreciate you may just be saying where the 80 comes from)

The kind that were unable to get a season ticket and are currently on the waiting list? The sort that have seasonal work and know they won't be able to make games after november? The kind that doesn't know in July if they are going to be free on enough matchdays to attend enough games to make a season ticket worth while?

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010

In fairness that puts it into some perspective. Most general sale fans are probably somewhere between 20-70 though, and I don't think its fair to not distinguish fans that have been to some games and those that have been to none so far this season. That's quite a large demographic proportionally out of non-STH fans and creates a bit of a lottery as someone else said.

The club's issue is probably that they don't want to introduce too many cut off points, which are essentially arbitrary figures and will always upset some fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here