Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 Page Falmer Special In Argus Today

Small local factors are not registering even a blip on the radar screen of New Labour high command, balloonboy.

You are right, though, that we need some kind of explanation for Prescott's quite extraordinary political decision to help Albion. I have my suspicions, and when I've finished my shift, I'll have time to share them with you, just a guess, mind!

bobbycodpiece

Jul 25, 2004
Brighton
Comedy Steve said:
Maybe it's a cover for the Nimby's to sell their houses?

They know they've lost
They pretend they've won
They then sell their houses to people who think they're not getting a stadium built

Weirder sh!t has happened ;)

...doesn't this sort of comment prove that the resident's of Falmer are right to object.... that the stadium would ruin the village ?....not very clever me thinks ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Well thats blown it. Once they submit this thread as evidence to the inquiry the stadium application will be binned. :rolleyes:

bobbycodpiece

Jul 25, 2004
Brighton
Rangdo said:
Well thats blown it. Once they submit this thread as evidence to the inquiry the stadium application will be binned. :rolleyes:

God forbid..someone says something different....I thought you lot were interested in getting a stadium....perhaps you are a Falmer resident trying to discredit the real fans ??

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
bobbycodpiece said:
God forbid..someone says something different....I though you lot were interested in getting a stadium....perhaps you are a Falmer resident trying to discredit the real fans ??

Alright mate calm down. A bit defensive aren't we. Just a bit of sarcasm. You know, the lowest form of wit.
Oh yeah and if you're going to call me a Falmer resident then I'm going to call you a wanker because it basically amounts to the same thing :salute:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:flameboun

But seriously, getting back to the original point I think the Falmerites have got their arguments well prepared without our help. On top of that the inquiry is being reopened purely to assess the other sites according to the set criteria, so the Falmer residents opinions on how it will affect their house prices shouldn't come into it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lord Bracknell said:
Well prepared?

They think Waterhall should be the site because it's next to the A27.

:ohmy:

Well prepared was probably a mistake. What I meant was that they don't need us to give them ideas. They can come up with fantasies far beyond what we could give them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Having read the Argus this evening, I have to say it's a top job.

Thorough coverage and the 'alternative' sites are thoroughly trashed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
Well prepared?

They think Waterhall should be the site because it's next to the A27.

:ohmy:

I know another site that's next to the A27 and handy for transport too :shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:
Does that site also have a railway station right next to it too? And is partially a brownfield site?

Do you know I believe there is (no Strike, not that one)

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I read the Argus coverage on the train up to London tonight and I thought it was excellent. Once you removed the property section it appeared a quarter of the whole newspaper was Albion news. Even the lead letter on the letters page!!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Gully said:
I believe Nick Szczepanik might just be an Albion fan, hence all his reports on us in the Times are well written and accurate.

He lives in Brighton. I believe Harry Harris does too. At least Southwick? Did he write anything about Falmer?

Brendon Montague, the Argus's Nimby correspondant, has rolled up his sleeves and managed to find seven groups of them at certain locations in and outside Brighton - a nice start to the campaign today in the Argus. There is even an existing organisation called the Friends of Sheepcote which hopefully will be getting its arse into gear pretty soon.

London Irish said:
There is even an existing organisation called the Friends of Sheepcote which hopefully will be getting its arse into gear pretty soon.
And there must be a Friends of the Dog Track organisation as well. Probably funded by Gareth Glover's betting tips.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here